Apollo Goes Green

Kelite

Senior Account Executive
Premium Member
Apollo goes green
USA - Apollo Design Technology announces it has changed its metal gobo production process from chemical etching to laser technology. The chemicals used in the etching process qualified Apollo as a "large waste generator" in Indiana. Changing technologies eliminates thousands of gallons of annual waste.

"While everyone at Apollo shares a concern for the environment and workplace safety, switching technologies could not happen overnight," states company founder and president Joel Nichols. "We have been transitioning into this new process for over a year to ensure laser technology met or exceeded the quality and service standards our customers have come to expect from Apollo. We are extremely pleased to be delivering our products in a cleaner, safer way."

Glad to see it. Congrats!

That has to be an incredible cost savings as well.
Toxic chemical disposal is extremely expensive.

Yes Philip, it carries certain costs with it.
The chemical milling process has been used for decades within our industry, with the recycling of spent acid a very common practice. The cost to reclaim the acid certainly had it's drawbacks, but fortunately the waste was minimized. Our increased efforts to provide the quickest turn in the industry while leading in 'cleaning up' the gobo making process has been a priority for the owners of Apollo.
I'm proud to say we're leading the charge-

I'm glad to see you changed your "route"
I shall always have you "ecthed" in my mind.
It seems you have passed the "acid" test, and come out shiny and new.

:mrgreen:

I thank you, my kids thank you, and Gaia says, "Thanks" too.

I had a feeling a punster would be replying....

:)

That's great Keith and it definitely makes me want to move the Apollo gobo catalog to the top of the stack.
I know... what other catalogs are there and why would I have them.:mrgreen:

Did I tell you all about the glass gobo I ordered on a Thursday afternoon (Portland time remember) and received by 10 am on Saturday, in time for the opening of the big ART House and Garden Fete / 25th Anniversary celebration? Yeah, it was expensive, but it got here, a custom glass two color gobo of our logo, projected onto the outside of the building with an HMI source4. I told the folks I ordered it from that if there was any dificulty at all, they could just tell Keith it was for me and he'd straighten it everything out ........:twisted:

<Did I tell you all about the glass Gobo I ordered on a Thursday afternoon (Portland time remember) and received by 10 am on Saturday, in time for the opening of the big ART House and Garden Fete / 25th Anniversary celebration?>

I'm glad all went well for you Van, as the last minute details sometimes reveal the need for a custom steel or glass gobo. Not sure why it happens that way, but it happens often. We keep an art/production crew late each evening specifically for the last minute needs of the lighting community.

The HMI Source Four has quite alot of punch and is well suited for the application you faced with that anniversary celebration. Good choice of weapons, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back