APOLLO IS BACK!!!

ACTSTech

If he tells you, he'll have to put you in the circuit... and you don't wanna be in the circuit, capiche? :cool:
People who get nosy might get arsoned themselves...

I'M JOKING!!!!!!

Welcome back, Apollo. Hopefully the time spent reconstructing and rebuilding builds an even stronger brand. Now, if the rest of us can just start using those products, we'd be set.

Kelite

Premium Member
Ordered a custom steel gobo today for a wedding. Perhaps things are improving.
Thank you so much for the business, Bill.
Looks like FedEx delivery will be tomorrow end of day-

Scheduled delivery:
Thursday, March 11, 2021 by end of day

Kelite

Premium Member
Mary 2.jpg

Apollo standard pattern ME-3410 Mary in an M size projected in an ETC Source Four Jr.
NEW medical lasers produce some crazy high resolution steel gobos!

macsound

Kelite

Premium Member
What kind of crazy things is the medical industry doing with lasers that can cut steel for gobos? Internal tattoos burned into my chest cavity during open-heart surgery?
Well....
When I had three stents inserted into my heart last March they were little, tiny titanium jobs. The machines we have make those little guys-

TimMc

Premium Member
Also, cauterization of blood vessels. CO2 lasers are fun.
I miss the water cooled argon lasers of last century... /nudge, wink

Reactions: RonHebbard

RonHebbard

Premium Member
I miss the water cooled argon lasers of last century... /nudge, wink
Agreed and understood; they were pretty but had zero ability to manufacture precise stents.
I'm forecasting a whole new and profitable product line for Apollo and / or Blue Pony.
Think POSITIVE!!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Reactions: Kelite

TimMc

Premium Member
Agreed and understood; they were pretty but had zero ability to manufacture precise stents.
I'm forecasting a whole new and profitable product line for Apollo and / or Blue Pony.
Think POSITIVE!!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
When they figure out how to get Teflon® to stick to itself we'll have "Print-a-stent" 3d plans posted at Github.

I think there are several markets for half tone gobos. Theater (scenic, special visual FX w/o a video projector), HoW, atmostpheric/environmental in retail and dining, signage and branding. Some of the use cases will be more price sensitive than others but costs are material, design time (making sure all the parts will stay connected/structural integrity/longevity) and the time put on the laser head. I'm sure the design for any metal gobo is not trivial but half tones would change the dynamic of durability.

Reactions: RonHebbard

Users who are viewing this thread