Apollo Smart Color Pro 7.25 ERR Message

Hi all,

Recently I just worked on a show where the university bought new Apollo Smart Color Pro 7.25 scrollers and 5 of the 10 that were used for the show displayed an error message after one particular cue. When we investigated the cue, we found that the scrollers were going to the last frame and then displaying an error message.

Has anyone else discovered this issue also or has anyone else found a solution to this problem. I called Apollo and filled out a help form and they have never gotten back to me.

Thank you,
Jeremy K

Hi all,

Recently I just worked on a show where the university bought new Apollo Smart Color Pro 7.25 scrollers and 5 of the 10 that were used for the show displayed an error message after one particular cue. When we investigated the cue, we found that the scrollers were going to the last frame and then displaying an error message.

Has anyone else discovered this issue also or has anyone else found a solution to this problem. I called Apollo and filled out a help form and they have never gotten back to me.

Thank you,
Jeremy K
Hi Jeremy. Sorry no one has gotten back to you. It would normally be me, but I haven't gotten any messages. I'll look into that on Monday.
Anyway, I have some questions for you.
What power supply is being used?
How many scrollers are daisy-chained on a run?
Is there a return line from the last scroller on each run going back to the power supply?
We'll start there and go more in depth as needed.

Hi Jeremy. Sorry no one has gotten back to you. It would normally be me, but I haven't gotten any messages. I'll look into that on Monday.
Anyway, I have some questions for you.
What power supply is being used?
How many scrollers are daisy-chained on a run?
Is there a return line from the last scroller on each run going back to the power supply?
We'll start there and go more in depth as needed.

Hi Dave,

The set-up for the scrollers were 5 scrollers daisy chained together with a return line back to a Apollo Smart Power 200.

I though that I would also provide you with how we had them set-up for the show. So the scrollers were a part of our booms for our fall dance concert in a S4 Par. There were 5 Scrollers Stage Left and Stage Right. Each side of the stage had their own Apollo Smart Power 200 with 5 scrollers on them with a return line. On stage right we had the first four units had error messages and the last one was fine. On stage left, the first unit showed an error message and the next four were fine.

Thank you,

Jeremy K

Sorry I'm just getting back to this.
Thanks, that is good information. More questions.
Does this happen every time that cue is called up?
Is it always the same units that error out?
Are all the gel strings the same and were they made by us?
Are there 18 frames on the strings?

Hi Dave,

Really sorry for the extremely late reply. I finally am able to get back to this after the craziness of winter break and getting situated for spring semester.

This was happening in one cue every time in the show where it told the scrollers to go to the 18 frame. The designer selected frame 17 instead for that cue and it solves the issue for the 5 scrollers. It was consistently the same five scrollers each time. All of the gel strings had 18 frames and were the same, I believe that the strings were made by Apollo, although they were strung onto the rollers by a light shop employee. When we did get the error message the first time, I ended up re-rolling all of the scrollers again that were displaying the message and continued to get the message.

Thank you so much for helping out and sorry for my late reply.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Kalisz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back