Control/Dimming Approximate cost: selling old Express

sdauditorium

Last year, we upgraded to the Ion and originally were going to use our old board (Express 24/48) as a backup console if needed. Recently, a friend who runs a theater department at a local college was inquiring as to purchasing the Express for their light lab. I did a bit of searching for price comparisons on a few sites, as I'm not sure what to price it at.

Any suggestions? It would come with dust cover, console, power, NEC monitor, work lights. Cosmetically, it's in great condition with the only issue being Fader/Channel 11 not responding to any dimmers patched into it (comes to full automatically).

250 to 500. Anything beyond that you can get a new console with more features. You see people trying to sell them for a grand to two grand.... but you don't see any buyers in that price point. Truly, they are not worth selling. They are worth keeping in the closet for a rainy day.

I agree with Footer. You wont get much for it, but I would keep it just in case. You never know if you will need a backup or a second console.

That was my initial thought as well, just to hold onto it. When I was looking at used gear sites with them selling for $1,000+ it seemed a bit exorbitant considering the points raised.

That was my initial thought as well, just to hold onto it. When I was looking at used gear sites with them selling for $1,000+ it seemed a bit exorbitant considering the points raised.

When a new element is 4k if you shop around you really hit a wall fast with these. I'm actually looking to pick one up for Mrs. Footer if we can find one at the right price.

The difference here is that it sounds like the OP has a buyer (the fellow with the light lab) and just wants to set the right price. Given that it has a monitor and worklights, I might suggest $350.

I would say instead of selling it to him, give it to him on "permanent loan" with the understanding that if your board ever craps out you will need it back in a hurry.

I would say instead of selling it to him, give it to him on "permanent loan" with the understanding that if your board ever craps out you will need it back in a hurry.
Or sell it with the agreement that if something comes up you can borrow it back.

I would be happy to take it from you under these terms.

I have a 24/48 on eBay with a bid of $500 (and 7 watchers) at this very moment. Still a couple days left in the auction and I'll report the final sale price.

I'm not including anything with it - just the console and power supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back