Are there LED ETC S4 Junior Zooms?

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Departed Member
Looked on ETC's site; if they manufacture LED S4 Junior Zooms they didn't jump out at me.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Elaborating some....

It may have been a marketing decision but it was more likely an engineering issue with the form factor, heat dissipation and/or optics that were available 5+ years ago. The electronics would have to go somewhere, possibly on a box attached to the yoke. At the time the S4 LED was introduced the marketing was all about colour.

If they offered a high CRI white light S4 jr LED at a price point that was similar the S4-to-S4jr price it would probably confuse the ColorSource market.

Elaborating some....

It may have been a marketing decision but it was more likely an engineering issue with the form factor, heat dissipation and/or optics that were available 5+ years ago. The electronics would have to go somewhere, possibly on a box attached to the yoke. At the time the S4 LED was introduced the marketing was all about colour.

If they offered a high CRI white light S4 jr LED at a price point that was similar the S4-to-S4jr price it would probably confuse the ColorSource market.
@rsmentele and @Ford Have you anything to offer / suggest?
Here's the relevant back ground;
A local amateur group (well established and dating to 1953) owns 22 S4 Junior Zooms; LOVES them. 6 good quality LED equivalents of zoomable PAR 64's and loves them too. The group is based in a their own building with proper power / hard-wired DMX distribution in place and looking to modernize into LED land.
What they like about their 22 S4 Junior Zooms is:
- Physical size. ( in terms of hanging below and / or yoked up above their 6 rigidly installed 40' long [wide] overhead pipes (3 FOH / 3 on stage behind their permanently installed [concrete block] proscenium.) All 6 pipes are mechanically / properly supported from steel sructural roof trusses rated for the loads being imposed including an allowance for snow loading.
- Weight.
- Zoom range.
- Visible light output.
- Edge quality; crispness to soft, projecting gobos, gobos in conjunction with diagonally split gel.

Bottom Line. For the venue, the S4 Junior Zooms are (in their estimation) "Perfect!"

Would either of you have a suitably competitive offering to suggest?
All of their DMX distribution resides in XLR-5 land; their existing ETC console addresses two universes: Yes, they realize they'll reach its limitations. Presently their console's controlling 96 dimmers, two Rosco I-mirrors, approximately 10 scrollers, two DMX irises, a DMX strobe and one or two DMX controlled Rosco foggers.

They foresee Zero interest in progressing to "movers" beyond their two existing I-Mirrors on the only two (full size) S4's in their inventory.

Their inventory. Approximately 140 instruments in total including: ~50 Fresnels, 10 Electo Controls Parellipspheres (Sp?) lhalf a dozen Altman axial 6 x 9's, 6 more Altman 6 x 12's and four 6 x 22's plus a dozen scoops and six R40 / 300 Watt strip-lights with hanging irons and floor trunions.
Thus they're looking to their future and expanding their inventory of LED sourced instruments.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
There isn't an LED Source Four junior, and the Source 4Wrd cap doesn't work with them. Have you looked at the Source Four Mini? There's an LED version available.
@theatricalmatt I purchased an S4 mini when they were initially introduced as a gift for a friend's bedside night light; he and his wife quite enjoy it aimed at their bedroom ceiling and bouncing back a wondrously soft and diffuse light.

Per my OP, I'm seeking an LED fixture as closely resembling an S4 Junior Zoom as I can find.
Mr. Terry's post has given me hope.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

ADJ makes a low powered/size zoomable ellipsoidal called the Encore Profile 1000. Color and Warm White versions. Here is a link to the WW

While it is not from Chauvet Professional, the Eve line from Chauvet DJ does offer a couple of small, bright, zooming ellipsoidal-style fixtures.
the Eve E-100Z and E-50Z may be exactly what you're looking for.

HTH,
-Ford

While it is not from Chauvet Professional, the Eve line from Chauvet DJ does offer a couple of small, bright, zooming ellipsoidal-style fixtures.
the Eve E-100Z and E-50Z may be exactly what you're looking for.

HTH,
-Ford
Thank you! Not to be ungrateful, I was hoping for Chauvet Professional and RBGAL Yada, yada; you're correct, I should have stated so up front.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back