aRFR & iRFR fun...

My apologies if this has been covered, but I've searched everything I can think of with no luck.

Has anyone had an aRFR connect to the dedicated network but not the console despite having all the proper info? Also, the app seems to be not refreshing when that is hit. I personally use iRFR and am not sure what's supposed to be "normal" for the android still somewhat beta version.

I am connecting to an Element running 2.2 and have no issues on my personal iPhone, however am unable to get the theatres iPad to connect using the same information....

:-(

Double check the console name (password). It must match exactly in order for the app to connect to the console. A single extra space will make it not work.

Of course the IP address for the console needs to be correct as well but that's pretty obvious.

The aRFR has been out for years, so it's quite past beta stage.

-Todd

Yes, all of that is checking out fine.

Discovered a new wrinkle that may be interesting - tried to connect to a different console (added it new) today from my phone and it will not connect despite identical settings as the iPad that is usually used. Seems there maybe something to it that the second iDevice to connect won't do it??? Doesn't make sense though since a co workers phone worked.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone's got any new ideas...

:)

Any chance the router has more than one channel? Mine has a low band and a 5g signal - when I connect regularly I don't have any problems, but connecting to the 5G network won't go all the way through to the console.

Since the first method works, I haven't had a chance to tinker and look for a cause, but any chance you're trying the same thing?

To the best of my knowledge, you can only have 1 aRFR or iRFR connected at a time. When switching between devices, make sure you disconnect the previous one before attempting to connect the new one.

When I've ran into this problem at the theatres I work at, I have to power cycle the wireless access point and/or the console to get it working.

One thing I have noticed. The device your using has it's own IP address. Sometimes my android phone will have same address as the IPad. And they will kick each other off the network. I can't change the IP on my android but I can on the IPad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back