ARRI Lighting Academy launches new courses

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
The ARRI Academy is pleased to announce the launch of a new course designed for all levels of lighting and video production professionals. “Lighting Systems Control with Richard Cadena” is an 11-part video course that serves as the ultimate guide to getting you up and running with digital lighting control, using DMX, RDM, Wireless DMX, and ethernet-based networks. The 11-part series consists of short, informative videos with classes ranging in length from 5 minutes to 34 minutes. Course attendees will gain a working knowledge of standard and emerging technologies and will be trained on the latest lighting technology.

The complete list of classes is as follows:
  1. DMX
  2. Building a DMX network
  3. Troubleshooting DMX network
  4. RDM
  5. Wireless DMX
  6. Intro to ethernet-based networking
  7. Testing ethernet-based networks: PING and IPCONGIF commands
  8. Art-Net
  9. sACN
  10. Consoles
  11. ARRI LED Ecosystem

The series is taught by Richard Cadena; an ETCP recognized trainer and Certified Entertainment Electrician. Cadena brings over 30 years of lighting industry experience and has been training entertainment lighting professionals around the globe. The series gives an overview of established and emerging technologies, best practices, and guides users on how to troubleshoot potential issues. Cadena’s insight into the discipline of lighting and the industry is extensive. In the episode on Wireless DMX, for example, he explains, “When people tell me, ‘Oh, I don't trust wireless DMX,’ I start asking questions.” Cadena continues, “‘Well, what kind of wireless were you using? Whose transmitter was it? Whose receiver was it?’ Typically, what you'll find is that they don't really
understand best practices.” Response to the series has been positive. Daniele Nocera, owner of event and rental company Ciclope Productions, mentions, “I learned a lot! As an owner of an event company, I have been exposed to DMX systems almost every single day for the past ten years. I learned some of the basics that I didn't understand previously. Now I am better prepared to resolve problems I may encounter.”

For more information on the ARRI Academy’s “Lighting Systems Control with Richard Cadena,” please click here: https://www.arri.com/lightingsystemscontrol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back