Art Deco

My school is doing the play The Importance of Being Earnest and we are setting it in a art deco theme. I need help to find some ideas and maybe some sites so that i can start to design the costumes. And feedback would be amazing.

One can't do art deco without researching Erté, see Largest Selection of Erte - 718-531-7830 and also Google images. Since art deco is normally associated more with architecture than fashion, any upscale 1930s costumes should work.

womens-fashion-of-the-1930s-797140.jpg
1930s Fashion In America

Erte is definitely the way to go. Another thing you may want to consider is putting Lady Brackenell in something more Edwardian looking because of her age.

I put Art Deco more in the '20's than the 30's although the midline fashion themes are realitively the same. I like ColorfulFaces suggestion a lot. It always makes me crazy when a play is set in the 60's and everybody, including the old lady in the corner is wearing Tie-dyed t-shirts. Same thingsoes for set designs the action might be taking place in the thirties but when was the building built ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back