Art-Net technical question

I am in the process of creating a Art-Net node that will capture packets over wifi and convert them to PWM. I am having problems receiving the packets in a timely manner and i was hoping someone with more experience with the nuts and bolts of art-net might be able to offer insight. I receive the udp stream ok but there is a 500-5000 millisecond delay between making changes on the console and the test LEDs im using responding. I am streaming the data over SPI interface at 230400mbps and i have a 8 bit 16mHz microprocessor parsing the signal and generating the analogue output which seems like plenty of processing head room to parse a 576 byte packet of which only 530 bytes seem to be the Art-Net packet. Also i ran a packet sniffer and the UDP transmission seems to be fine from the console. I can't figure out why i seem to be receiving the signal with such a dely. If anyone has any notion of where i should look to solve the problem that would be helpful and i can get into more details on hardware if so.

What actual hardware/software is this running on? What kid of Ethernet stack, etc...

Also, 225gbit connection? Give the folks at Global Crossing a call, they've got a work for you.

sorry
230400bps over the UART, 24Mbps over WiFi
to get specific i am using arduino uno platform, Amtel atmega328-p, with a WiFly RN-131C receiving the UDP packets via 802.11g/b from a regular old d-link router. I just kind of mashed some messy c code together to get it working. I know the packets send fine over the network because dimmer racks and media servers seem to work fine. One note, i was using Eos offline (didn't feel like unpacking the ion) to simulate the console but just for giggles i downloaded Chamsys's offline software and i seem to be getting the test leds to dim appropriately. One major difference between the two is etc sends what looks like an all on pulse every so often to keep you from using it without having paid for it. I assume that there must be a problem with just scaning the broadcast address from the ion? Currently i am just looking for art-net packets from anyone who broadcasts them over port 6454 on the DHCP provided ip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back