Art-Net Wall Panel

macsound

Looking into the possibility of a simple wall button panel that spits out artnet.
Simple like the DFD Pre10 or could even be a simple app that runs on an iPhone thats permanently mounted.

In any case, does anyone know of something like this?

Brief background, small venue with an existing architectural wall panel for houselights. I'm looking for something to just have a couple of scenes for the stagelights but I need it to be networkable so I can use the existing infrastructure that's already wired to the houselight wall panel (since it's proprietary in control but operates over the existing network.)
Thanks!

Maybe what I'm looking for is even more simple. And cheap. This solution really only works if it's cheap enough to implement. Pathport is ok, but requires the nodes to be Pathport or use gateway. ETC is nice but too many features.
Found this rocker switch on Amazon that outputs DMX. Which would be ok if all the lighting was on a single DMX address, but it's not.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076QLHY9Y/?tag=controlbooth-20
Any search terms or has anyone seen a regular looking wall switch that outputs ArtNet or is more configurable than the above?

Maybe not not the product for this application, but a point of clarification: Vignette works with anybody’s sACN gateways; not just Pathports.
Maybe it's just me but I have trouble understanding how pathway products work. I've watched a bunch of youtube videos and read as much info as I can get my hands on, but I always feel like I'm missing something.
Am I overcomplicating it in my head? Is it actually super dumb simple?

I have trouble understanding how pathway products work.
It may be that simple, but can you be more specific? Do you mean Vignette or Pathports or Vias or our eDIN Interfaces or SNAP Relay Panels or Cognito/Choreo? (I don't think you mean our Modulars, but I was on a roll.)

For Vignette, Pathport, Via, SNAP and eDIN, they are all configured with our Pathscape software. HERE is a video that gives that s/w a quick overview.

That's a lot of links. We are also always happy to help out at [email protected].

That's actually super helpful Rob.
So in this circumstance where there is a lighting console for shows and I want a wall panel for stage lights when there are no shows, I could simply purchase the "Pathway 0700-5312 NSB PoE 4-Button Master Insert" (copied from FullCompass), plug it into the network, configure using Pathscape and it could operate as a standalone wall panel? Or is another component necessary on the network to enable the button panel?
Thanks!

Not the NSB. The Vignette - 0700-5412 Vignette PoE - Four Button Master Insert.
NSB is Network Sliders and Buttons for Choreo and Cognito. They look exactly like Vignette, but have a different function.

If your system has a sACN gateway (Net3, Pathport, ELC, Artistic License, Entec etc), all you need is the 5412 and a PoE switch to power/connect it to. Think of it as a tiny 1-gang four universe console with four cues. It can do much more than that, but that's it in its simplest form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back