assiging channels on Elation DMX Operator Pro

Sylak

I was wonering if anybody here had expiernce with an Elation DMX Operator Pro and if so, is there a way to change the number of channels allocated to a fixture? I've been looking throught the manual and can't seem to find anything on it. The manual says to seperate the fixtures by 16 channels, however the lights i need to use with them (American DJ Mighty Scan) can only DMX up to 16 according to the manual, causing me a problem unless i can find a more complete DMX Adressing guide then the one included in the manual.

The Operator Pro does indeed separate the fixture buttons in groups of 16 channels. The Mighty Scans use 6 DMX channels for operation, therefore you can have two assigned to each fixture button and still have individual control over each fixture.

Addressing would therefore be
Fixture 1 - 1
Fixture 2 - 7
Fixture 3 - 17
Fixture 4 - 23
Fixture 5 - 33
Fixture 6 - 39

However to make programming even simpler, separate your addressing on 8 channels which when working with the fixture 1 button your first Mighty Scan will be controlled by faders 1 thru 6 and the second fixture will be controlled by the same faders on Page 2.

So, with the fixtures separated by 8, as you suggest, how would i control the Pan/Tilt of the second fixture with the joystick? Would i assign the channels for the second set on the "Fine Tuning" channels and just toggle the joystick between fine and broad to switch between lights? Or is there a different way to separate them? Because, being the first person to set-up/program this light setup, I'll need to be able to explain what i did to our Drama Club advisor's so it can be used later (unlike half the technical equipment's that got stuck in the ceiling during a renovation a few years ago)

Personally I never use the joy stick as I find using the pan and tilt faders much easier so I don't have an answer to your question. Call Elation service for assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back