Astera LED vs Hanson Pro LED

Does anyone have any opinions on the Astera or Hanson Pro wireless LEDs? this would be for event lighting.

trying to decide between the two. We're looking at the 50w Astera vs the Hanson Pro system (with 24 x 1w leds)

I'm not worried about comparing brightness, I am more concerned with comparing quality, support, durability etc.

Thanks!

We've been working with Asteras fixtures for the past few years. They're pretty reliable. We use them on mostly all of our gigs. Very easy to breakdown being that no wires are involved. Their handheld programmable remote has 32 memory banks where you can program different schemes. You can get the fixtures to last 8-12 hours by playing with the power schemes and lowering intensity. I had a programming question after hours and the guys over at WIFILED got back to me and saved the day. They pretty much support the entire US. If you have any questions give them a call, i'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.

With the Hanson Fixtures if you drop one, it'll still work, always been reliable, and great battery life. Also their roadcases with the built in chargers are literally amazing.

I've had experience with both Hanson and Astera, and while Hanson seem very professional (nice clean website, good product images etc.), Astera are the better choice in terms of quality. The Astera wireless lights can be controlled by more than just wireless DMX, they have this new tablet controller, it's pretty great stuff, and the after-sales service they offer for repairs is pretty great too. Hanson offer wireless DMX which is a hassle to set up and you need transmitters and the whole thing takes more time, whereas Astera are ahead of Hanson in that they offer easier control options; W-DMX plus RF control, they are more versatile. Also, Hanson are very expensive with no real added features for the added buck.

Just thought I would give my thoughts as I've had experience with both brands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back