ATEM Mini Audio?

That goes to a HDMI to SDI converter to a HyperDeck Mini to capture it on SD cards and from there it will output to a BlackMagic Mini Recorder which will then connect via Thunderbolt to the stream computer.

I've used the Hyperdecks for exactly that purpose. I know the ATEM Pro lets you record directly to a flash drive or external hard drive. We skipped that and got the regular ATEM. Is there a reason you're recording via the hyperdecks and not just using OBS to also record the stream to the desktop?

You could use NDI and use compressed video as others have suggested but you could also wire all the camera positions to a local switcher and remote the program output, a multiviewer, and a control panel. This will be higher quality, especially presuming you're going to be compressing again.

I've used the Hyperdecks for exactly that purpose. I know the ATEM Pro lets you record directly to a flash drive or external hard drive. We skipped that and got the regular ATEM. Is there a reason you're recording via the hyperdecks and not just using OBS to also record the stream to the desktop?
We do this same thing. ATEM to hyperdeck, hyperdeck to Thunderbolt capture to OBS on a mac to YouTube.
We use the hyperdeck because we wanted to replicate a VCR.
Someone comes in to operate a funeral or wedding or boy scout meeting, they turn on the camera and wireless mic and press record. No computers or tech knowledge required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back