Audio enginer schools

soundop

Hey guys im trying to find a good school in illionis for audio engenering

im looking at coulumbia tech.

I'm at Columbia College in Chicago for live sound, might want to take a look there.

Columbia is good, as well at UIUC. Webster in St. Louis has a pretty good sound program, though it is fairy new. Millikin University also has a fairy decent sound program.

Webster has a good sound program. You take the normal theatre classes on top of all of the classes that audio production majors take so you get a decent amount of specialization. Also most of the audio production majors work on st. louis rep shows quite extensively when they become upperclassmen.

Well, maybe I should have asked what area you wanted to go into. Webster is pretty good for recording and theatrical, from what I saw touring it, Columbia is good for live sound, recording (though the recording classes are getting a little crowded) and acoustics. It just depends on what field you want to go into. Pretty much everything listed here has a decent audio program.

You should look for a school with a good Electrical Engineering program as well as a strong theatre program. You'll definitely want to take classes in circuit theory, electronics, and possibly signals/systems to give you a good understanding of what goes on inside of all that gear.

i looked websters way to much, and coulumbias close enough to me (elmhurst-chiccago) i can take train to ogville and bus to school, depending on what that compared to the housing rates are

i looked websters way to much, and coulumbias close enough to me (elmhurst-chiccago) i can take train to ogville and bus to school, depending on what that compared to the housing rates are

Eh, don't let that prevent your from applying to any private There are a lot of scholarships and grants that private schools give out. IL wesleyan for example really wants lighting people so they offered me a 10K a year scholarship to come. And from webster I got 3500 in a grant and 6500 for my grades each year.

ya but where do you find apps for scohalar ships

Ay my high school, you could get a number of scholarship applications in the guidance office.

ya but where do you find apps for scohalar ships
pretty much all the ones from actual colleges you will find out about when you get an acceptance letter from the school. Or someone from the department will mention it to you if they have a theatre specific one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back