Auto CAD Printing

chawalang

So, I have a project where I am going to bend a bunch of pipe to various shapes and sizes, it is a very sculptural project. I have drawn out all of the pipe shapes in Auto CAD and I need to lay them out in paper space so that when i print them from the plotter they are the actual size of what I need.

I am going to lay the paper down and bend the pipe a little bit and do the back and forth so it is the specific shape I need. How would I lay this out in paper space so that I can print it out to the plotter in the actual size of the pipe?

You would go to your sheets, select your viewports, and your viewport scale on your sheet to 12" = 1' or 1:1. If you have pipes spanning multiple sheets, leave yourself some dashed match lines where the sheets are supposed to overlap so you can tape them together accurately. Here's a YouTube tutorial on setting scales.

If this a bigger project spanning multiple sheets, it might make things a little easier to use a projector pointed at the floor and use that as your canvas rather than plotting lots of sheets and trying to line them up together.

Print from Model space, as long as it's drawn 1:1 and print 1:1. I used to do it all the time making templates.

When I'm plotting full scale templates I add a grid of extension lines laid over my template. Set color to light gray. I also draw rectangles (on a non plotting layer) the size of the printable area of my 11x17 paper so i know what to select in my plot window. Huge help when you have gradual sweeping curves.

1574435673444.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back