Autofollow Board

The big thing that I want to go for is the ability to get a remote focus unit, which would enable me to change things from the audience seating. Or, if I went ETC, I could go for the radio RFU and program from anywhere. The only problem with the RRFU is that it has limited functions.

The cheapest console that's goiing to have a remote is most likely an ETC Express or a Strand 300.

Both are available in 2 scene with 24 subs. Both have remotes available. The Strand remote is any Pocket PC unit with WiFi and/or a WiFi card, etc...

The ETC remote can either be a wired unit with LCD screen and/or a Radio remote with no LCD screen , both about $1200

Either desk have autofollow, though I think Strand call it Wait.

Both are more reliable then an NSI, slightly more reliable then a Leprecon. ETC service is tops, Strand is OK.

Strand and ETC are worth the money.

SB

The NSI MC 24/48 has a handheld remote, and the Colortran Innovator and Encore both have handheld remotes.

Our 15 year old Colortran scenemaster has remote focus capabilities(wired) If I could find a remote, converting it from wired to wireless is fairly easily done.(if you have time)

I know that Phillips Exeter Academy has a Colotran Encore that they have replaced with a ETC Express, and it has a remote. I know this because I went to the Exeter summer session last summer. If I could get my hands on the board and remote, I would be very happy.

I might try to buy it off them.

But, of course, if I could get a free board that works AND has WAIT/AUTOFOLLOW cues as well as a wired remote, I would take that any day over paying money, because I've already squeezed a considerable bit of money out of my school's drama and general budgets.

actually, it means that you can have a cue that automatically fades to the next (without pressing the "go" button) after a set time.

Heck yeah. I just secured myself a Colortran Encore 48/96 with a wired remote for merely the cost of shipping from Exeter, NH to my house. I can't believe my luck. I am told that the memory is somewhat volatile, so I will have to save to the disk, but hey...I only have to pay shipping! And this is a Colortran Encore, their highest board right now. Heck yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back