The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Automatedsi skyboxes

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Crewguy7, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Crewguy7

Crewguy7 Member

Placement and selection of automated lights is key. A problem we're facing currently for my school's V-show is we've put two Studio Spot 575s in the skyboxes of our auditorium. This was a good idea, except we didn't think about the throw distance. Because the distance is 40+ feet, the non-zoomable lights are pretty much only good for wash effects or lighting in the house.

2. cruiser

cruiser Active Member

I will generally always read the Specs of a moving light, or reletivly any equipment that I havnt used before, with desks I like to flip through the quick-set-up guides too.... Just a personal thing maybe, but I do feel it helps!

3. zac850

zac850 Well-Known Member

yea, i usually read the instructions AFTER i mess with it a bit and break it... i'm really reckless with computers, which is why i've taught myself so much about them, but the problem is that then i sometimes break it....

:D

4. The_Terg

The_Terg Active Member

I use it alot for computer repair:

Its called RTFML, or 'read the F***ing manual.' A good word of advice to people who think I know absolutely everything about technology, which is far from the truth.