AVAB dimmer getting dmx signal with board off

First, a short back story to my question: last year, we had a power outage during a rehearsal, and I guess when that happens, our ETC Unison system (that controls lobby, house, work lights) stores all the lights and the levels they are on in a preset in the Unison system on the stage lights tab. This also causes the dimmers to show that they are getting dmx signal. In order to gain control of those lights again, you have to turn stage presets off on the Unison Panel.

Ok, fast forward to last night. I left the theatre completely powered down, no stage lights on. I walk into the theatre today and 1 Fresnel is on. It is showing it’s getting DMX signal which is strange as it should not have been on to be stored in in preset if we had a power outage in the night, unless we got some kind of surge?? I guess my question is what else could be causing this?

To add to the troubleshooting difficulty, our Unison panel to turn off presets is not working properly. I cannot get it to recognize touch correctly on the right side of panel which is where the “off” is.

Picture is attached of the dimmer, dimmer 100 (I know the switch is off, that’s the only way I can get it to turn off, but it’s obviously still getting signal with the red light below it, 4 represents 100 on the red lights)

Does anyone know of any way of resetting presets in the Unison system? Hitting reset on the Unison dimmer panel does not work.

Attachments

• 6891BD76-8624-4A6D-B3E5-1F9D99998929.jpeg
    6891BD76-8624-4A6D-B3E5-1F9D99998929.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 147
Our Unison loves to freeze in odd configurations. When in doubt, reload the config file. Then call ETC if necessary, but 9 times out of 10, reloading Config works for us.

I wouldn't consider that "normal" operation... I'm curious if the same result occurs from clearing Arch Output, or if there is something "wrong" in your config. The next time the issue occurs for you check what your winning control source is and trace that, try clearing Arch Output and if those things provide expected behavior I might suggest getting a field tech on site to have a look at your configuration...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back