Avolites Azure programming tips

muvment

Background: I do almost exclusively intelligent fixtures and rarely use any conventional for most of my gigs. The majority of the music is electronic repetitive beats.

I usually use several Chamsys systems to run my stages, but I recently picked up an Azure for a steal (half of what a Chamsys wing costs at wholesale). When I use Chamsys, because I don't have a wing, I don't run it with the go buttons like a hog, but usually have an additional touchscreen running a playbacks page and only use the faders for intensity of each set of fixtures, shutter cues, and an occasional FX size or speed.

I also have very little experience with the Avolites OS. Due to my schedule, from when I receive the Azure, I'll have less than three days to connect it to WYSIWYG (or Avo's viz), learn how to program it, and program for about 8 hours of shows (I never program at the gig anymore, the only guarantee in life is you will not have the time to program anything but a corporate show).

Any tips on this board, the Avo OS, or electronic music in general?

Rig will consists of a dozen scanners (Trackspots & Technobeams, and maybe Ibeams & Cybers if I'm feeling particularly strong that day), some Studio Spot 575s, AF1000s, LEDs of all kinds (pars, strips, tubes), some 2-channel fiber curtains, and whatever else crawls out of the woodwork between now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back