Avolites Azure Visualiser

Dsync

I've been researching the visualizing software for Avolites Azure consoles and I must say... it's not the most straight forward thing I've ever seen. Avolites has put out a very short little guide outlining how to set this up, but I found it to be very lacking. It talks about using some sort of serial to midi cable to connect the console to the pc, but on my console, there is an actual "visualiser" serial port. This leads me to believe that the midi solution is unnecessary! I'm hoping someone on here has actually used the visualiser with an Azure console so I can get some insight as to how this works.

Thanks for helping me better understand what exactly needs to happen here!!

Great to hear about that forum!! I've spent some time going through posts on there and have already learned some new tricks and secrets I didn't already know. So thanks for pointing me to that!!

As for the Avo Visualiser question, there were a few posts on that site from people having the exact same problem as me. No useful replies unfortunately. Maybe I'll be able to fumble my way through the setup and get this working. I can't imagine this port not working. I mean, it's documented that you can make a MIDI to serial connection for use with Visualiser, so why not just go serial to serial? Seems logical enough to me. After all, the port IS labeled as being for this purpose.

Any further help is appreciated!!

My main console is an Avo Pearl 2004 and 2k.
The pearl doesn't have a visualizer port. I have used the visualizer without problem on my tower pc with a MIDI to serial cable; and on my netbook with the same MIDI to serial cable, plus a serial to USB cable.
On the pearl you have to go into user settings and change the MIDI output to Visualizer. I've never used an Azure, but there might be something similar.

EDIT-
Looking in the Viz Quick Start Guide, looks like you do need to use the MIDI to serial cable. http://www.avolites.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=ltdJsev0tLE=&tabid=110&mid=567

I know I've seen the pinout on Avos site, but I can't find it now.

Last edited:
Try plugging the computer into the visualizer port. Have you tried reading the manuel for your console to see what it says?

I'll track down a computer with a serial port this week at my venue for a quick test. As for the manual, it makes almost no mention of visualizer functions at all, much less how to make it work. I've read the separate documentation about serial to midi, but I'd rather not go through the trouble of making my own cable if I can just use serial to serial.

After I do a "plug and play" test, I'll report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back