Avolites Pearl Tiger question

RenHealy

All my experience is with LightJockey for 4 years, I just got a Avo Pearl Tiger with the 30 faders and 10 playbacks. I am learning how to use it on my own, but I've come across one thing that is holding me up. Is it possible to save the same DMX dimmer channel to two different handles? Every time I try it deletes it from the other previously saved handle I saved it to. I want to run my par lights from the top row of faders and leave the playbacks/ roller to the lintels. Basically my best example is I need a handle for a full-multi dimmer channel up/down stage scene, and also a handle with only the upstage lights. Thanks to anyone that can help.

If you are asking if you save a dimmer channel to two dfferent dimmer handles, then I don't think so. If you want to save a dimmer to two different playback subs then you certainly should.
It sounds like your best bet would be to set a group for your PARs and assign that to a handle. 3.4 in your manual.

I guess I am going to have to save the first 5 playbacks on every roller for each color, and leave the remaining 5 for the intels and strobes. Seems like such a waist where there are perfectly good faders right there I could use.

I guess I am going to have to save the first 5 playbacks on every roller for each color, and leave the remaining 5 for the intels and strobes. Seems like such a waist where there are perfectly good faders right there I could use.

That's one of the reasons I really like the expert, the 2 rollers make things like this much easier. You could also look into the titan upgrade, I'm not sure if it's available for the tiger but I'm pretty sure it would let you set all of your faders up as playbacks.

I want to run my par lights from the top row of faders and leave the playbacks/ roller to the lintels. Basically my best example is I need a handle for a full-multi dimmer channel up/down stage scene, and also a handle with only the upstage lights.
For the PARs it sounds like you need to set your lights up in the top faders, then assign them to a playback fader down on bottom. I don't understand what lintels are.

...I don't understand what lintels are.
A lintel is a horizontal support member above a window or opening, but I think the OP meant "intel," an abbrev. of the abhorrent term "intelligent light."

Last edited:
Yes, Michael, you are correct. All scenes are saved to the playbacks below the Rollacue, the handles at the top are for individual dimmers and fixtures (if fixtures are assigned then the fader gives you control of the dimmer channel).

Techieman33 - This is why I like the Titan software too. I've played with it but am using a Pearl 2008, so I can only wish for those features. I'm not sure if the Tiger can be upgraded to Titan. The Tiger Touch is on Titan software, but probably not the standard Tiger. If I'm wrong, though, it would make the Tiger an even more amazing little console. I'm looking forward to picking one up next month.

You cannot assign one dimmer (or fixture) to multiple handles, but you can assign multiple dimmer channels to one handle. To the OP, if you ALWAYS want single fader control over a group of dimmers then you can do it this way. Otherwise you'll need to store your scenes onto the playbacks. One would be all pars, the other would be US pars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back