Back-printing ticket stock for DYMO printer

Thanks Patrick. I bought plain white from them. But I want you to know, and maybe Arts People can share this with other folks using the Dymo, that you don't have to use the roll stock. After some experimentation, I am now using 4x1.9875 FLAT FOLD stock, with a 1" tear-off perforation. I just removed the top of the Dymo printer and feed in the stock. WHY? Because I hated giving customers rolled up tickets. I wanted to give them flat tickets. And WorldWideTicketCraft provided. I had to buy a ton of them, but the flat stock gives a much more professional customer experience than we had before, and the tear off perforation will give us the door count we are looking for, and it can happen after the show rather than slowing down the line into the theatre with a scanner or check list.
Any chance you have tips about these flat tickets? We are switching to Arts People but I can’t get the tickets to print correctly. Do you load the stub side first? Also, what “paper” source do you choose from the dymo printer?

thank you!!

after Reading this post, I bought the same stock (thank you!) but can’t figure out which “paper” to select to print this size ticket. The closest I’ve found is one of the address labels but it’s cutting off my ticket info. Did you custom design tickets?
Hi Karichance, there are some very particular setup details to make the Dymo print correctly on the ticket stock. If you are an Arts People user the details are in our help files by searching for "Dymo". It guides you to a particular label choice to make the ticket design fit best on the stock. If you need further help go ahead and submit a help request.

It may be unnecessary, however we would still like one. Any one know how to get one?
Hmmm, I can't imagine why they wouldn't sell a printer to you. They sell them directly to our clients at Arts People. I would just give them the name of your organization that will be using the printer.

I have the software, works great for printing labels, so far I haven't found it easy when it comes to creating custom tickets, but I haven't spent too much time with. I have a Mac. I recently contacted worldwide ticketcraft to get a batch of fan fold tickets for the machine. I'm waiting to hear back from them on a quote. One thing that I will need if this does work out is different colored tickets for events with multiple nights.
Hi KBToys82. Printing labels and tickets is very different in a printer, as the labels have a perforation, but generally no timing mark on the back. Whereas tickets have the black mark on the back so the machine knows where one ticket ends and the next begins. So you may need additional assistance from your software provider or the Dymo support to make it work for your needs.

Resurrecting this for a follow-up question: have you had any issues with alignment as you go through a stack of tickets? The Boca printers use that stripe to check alignment on each ticket, while (I would assume) the much-less-expensive Dymo printer is basically just counting the distance it rolls out... but I've never actually used one. I just noticed the rolls that World Wide sells say they're non-perforated, so accuracy wouldn't be as critical with those as they would be for the perforated fanfold stock.
Hi Malabaristo, actually the Dymo ticket stock that Arts People worked directly with WWTC to develop does indeed have a timing mark on the back. They are also perforated on the rolled stock as well to be torn off after printing.

Hi Malabaristo, actually the Dymo ticket stock that Arts People worked directly with WWTC to develop does indeed have a timing mark on the back. They are also perforated on the rolled stock as well to be torn off after printing.

I'm just going to assume that was a change that happened sometime in the two years since I posted that rather than a case of me failing at reading comprehension :)

Good to know either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back