Backdrop material

Very cool, it seems they are NFR and the largest seem to be 6 foot tall. Some are velvet and some polyester. I got tired of looking but in velvet I couldn't fine any Elvis or dogs playing poker, sigh.

To make them taller, I was thinking of sewing one upside down (maybe?) above the other to break up the pattern. Maybe add a little paint in the cracks for different details. Don't know how they've shaded the light direction.

Surprised they photo’d everything at an angle when they get used for straight on shots.

Wow, those are interesting! If you click on one, you'll be directed to a page that includes multiple photos including a couple from straight on. It appears they just inserted the digital pattern into a cutout to create these example photos. (check out any of the brick patterns and you'll see the drop sags a bit in the middle but the mortar lines remain level.) We're just seeing a digital version of the pattern and not a photo of the printed drop. It makes me wonder what the print job is like. Let us know how this goes if you decide to experiment! Could be these have potential for a lot of uses.

I vote you take a selfie with it for the test. :lol:

Ooops - sorry about the delay. I promised a picture of the material once it came in. This is the 'red bricks'. I didn't iron or smooth out the folds yet, just draped it over a flat to take the picture. Hope you can get a feel for what it looks like. brickwall.jpg

Lol 3 months later. Still waiting for that selfie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back