backing up a board

moojoe

its driving me insane working with a board that doesnt have some form of digital backup since i dont have the time to write out all of my cues.
does anyone know of any way to back up a leprecon LP-1548?

Didn't think of that one! But it has got to be a digital camera!
"its driving me insane working with a board that doesnt have some form of digital backup "

im have no clue to do to anything midi, so could you possibly tell me how i would do that?
thanks

Well, I've never done it myself, I'm not a friend of MIDI. Basically u need something that records MIDI, ie a sequencer or Cakewalk or something. If the console has the MIDI Dump function (check the manual), what it does is encript the show as MIDI messages, either regular ones or SysEx messages. So you record the MIDI messages and then when you need to load the show, you press play on the sequencer/PC or whatever u used to record it.

This is an old thread and I think the OP is long gone, but in case someone else stumbles down this path, here's what I learned after recently acquiring an LP-1548.

LP-1500 MIDI Save and Restore

You will need:
  • A computer with a USB port and the Windows operating system (Windows 10 is OK, but so are earlier versions).
  • An adapter/converter from USB to MIDI In and Out. One choice is the 'mio iConnect', available for about $35. The details below assume use of that hardware.
  • MIDI software that can send and receive Sysex commands. One choice is MIDI-OX, available free at midiox.com. (Commercial use would require purchase of a license). The details below assume use of that software.

Setup:
  • Install MIDI-OX on the computer: RMB on the .exe file and then select 'Run as Administrator'.
  • Connect the adapter to the LP-1500. MIDI In on the adapter connects to MIDI Out on the LP-1500; MIDI Out on the adapter connects to MIDI In on the LP-1500.
  • Connect the adapter to a USB port on the computer.

Configuration:
  • Start MIDI-OX. (many functions are represented by icons; hover over each one to see what it represents).
  • Under 'Select MIDI devices to open' select 'mio input' and 'mio output'.
  • Open the Main Output Monitor window and verify that it displays:
    Opened MIDI Input
    Opened MIDI Output

Save current LP-1500 memory:
  • At the computer, MIDI-OX window: View > Sysex... (SysEx View and Scratchpad window opens) > Sysex > Receive Manual Dump
  • At the LP-1500: setup > data wheel to 'Save all data to MIDI' > modify
  • LP-1500: Display briefly shows 'Save all data to MIDI' with spinning clocks in the corners.
  • At the computer: Popup window shows bytes being received. When it stops, click 'Done', then: Display window > Save as... > Name the file and select a desired folder for the saved data. The file will have an extension of .syx.

Load LP-1500 memory from saved data:
  • At the LP-1500:
    • setup > turn data wheel to 'Memory Lockout'. If the checkmark is not next to 'Open', hold down 'modify' and move it there.
    • setup > turn data wheel to 'Load from MIDI:'. If the checkmark is not next to 'Enable'. hold down 'modify' and move it there.
  • At the computer, MIDI-OX window: View > Sysex... (SysEx View and Scratchpad window opens) > File > Send Sysex File > pick the saved file to be sent.
  • WAIT. Loading a file takes several times longer than it did to save it. Watch the progress bar in MIDI-OX to tell when it is complete. (The LP-1500 also intermittently shows progress messages, but they are very brief).
  • To protect the data you just loaded, you may want to disable the 'Load from MIDI' option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back