Banana Plug-NL4

deck

Hello All, I have bare wire CROWNE 2024 Amplifires, that come out bare wire, which I converted to banana plug. I need to convert them to NL4 so that I can run the cable, and then put it back into bare wire. How should I do this?
I am thinking:
AMP---->Banana Plug----->???????----->NL4------> ???????------> Bare Wire-----> EAW Bare wire Speaker
HELP!!!

Is it for permanent install or will it be moved around? If you wanted to you could get rid of the banana plugs and install nl4 in their place and install nl4 on the speaker boxes.

Nab some male NL-4 and make some accessories, break ins and break outs and stuff of that sort. Assuming your amp has two Banana plugs on it, wire one male banana to +1 and -1 of the NL4, and another male banana to +2 and -2. Plug your NL4 into this break-in, and run that thing. At the other end break it out to another male NL4 and 4 bare wires (but remember which ones are which!

If you can't find any male NL4 cable connectors, you could always use the female NL4 (NL4-FC) and use the handy male to male couplers (NL4MMX).

So go banana from Amp, but how does that convert to NL4? Will I have to slice up some cable? In the other side, near the speaker, do I take of the NL4 head, and run the wires into the banana? How do I do that

If its an install, why not just do bare wire end to end? There is not much benefit to having quick disconnect couplers, and the more joints, the better chance of something working loose over time.

Hello All, I have bare wire CROWNE 2024 Amplifires, that come out bare wire, which I converted to banana plug.
What do you mean "converted to banana plug"? And what is a "CROWNE 2024", do you maybe mean a Crown MA-2402?

Are you converting to NL4 at some point in the path for wall plates or quick disconnects? Or did you purchase a long NL4 to NL4 cable or snake and are trying to use that to go between the speaker and amp?

With no budget, take that nice NL4 cable. Take off the NL4 at both ends. Take the bare wire at one end and turn it in to Banana plug. Insert in to amp. Take the bare wire at the other end and insert in to speaker.
Also, as a permanent install and with the cable being pre-terminated making it unlikely to be run in conduit, then if the cable is run exposed where any in-wall, riser or plenum conditions apply you need to make sure that whatever cable you use is properly rated for the applicable conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back