Barco HDX Warm Up

LavaASU

So finally got this put together. A video showing a sequence of thermal images of the optics in a Barco HDX flex-20 as they warm up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One of this issues with this is the emissivity (basically how much IR is given off by a particular material at a given temperature) of the parts in a projector varies pretty wildly (with shiny metal being the worst one). Theres going to be a take 2 with more of the shiny metal parts being covered with gaff tape to get more accurate data and hopefully a mount/tripod of some sort so the image stays steady.

Anything else you guys can think of that would make take 2 better? Or any other areas you think would be interesting to look at?

So finally got this put together. A video showing a sequence of thermal images of the optics in a Barco HDX flex-20 as they warm up.

One of this issues with this is the emissivity (basically how much IR is given off by a particular material at a given temperature) of the parts in a projector varies pretty wildly (with shiny metal being the worst one). Theres going to be a take 2 with more of the shiny metal parts being covered with gaff tape to get more accurate data and hopefully a mount/tripod of some sort so the image stays steady.

Anything else you guys can think of that would make take 2 better? Or any other areas you think would be interesting to look at?

Heres a shorter version (55s)

I think the ideas you have in mind will make a great improvement. Tripod for sure, and tweaking to even out emissivity a bit as you suggested will help a tonne. I also like the shorter version a lot more, the other was just too long for what it is. If you could fade between static images a little perhaps?
I'd also put a standard visible light shot or video at the top, ideally with the same framing and focal length, etc (or close).

Always find it interesting to see how the things we work with heat up and dissipate said heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back