Conventional Fixtures Bardwell & McAlistor Baby Spotlight?

Dustincoc

Bardwell & McAlistor Baby Spotlight Model 06001. Anyone know anything about these things? I emailed the company and they emailed back saying to call them which I haven't had a chance to do. It appears to be a 8" fresnel but it was gutted and was modified to use an R40 lamp when I got it. I've since removed the modifications but have yet to locate a reflector for it or determine what lamp/socket it uses.

Nope on my part. Take photos now than later and give them a call. Often if as might be of really curious to a senior tech person in taking you under the wing to help fix - I know I love such distracting from the normal days calls. Send me a link to their website also, for some reason I don't have any note of them as a fixture/lamp combination brand on my running list.

Heck, if I can spend literally hours between attempting to fix and contacting cooper about a Turner Gas Works / Turner Tourch works torch I got sent by a customer given I now work in the building it now extinct used to be in, one would hope some tech person at the company will take time if not out of pride take the fixture back and make it right for a wee charge or for free. Wasn't successful for this believe it was a Lincoln cordless torch I had a photo of in an old catalog and sent it back to the customer with a bunch of swag and recommendations on what products to replace it with.

One would hope Bardwell would also at least attempt to help. This granted I sent an email off to my contact at Altman a week ago about a long discontinued 2K scoop part I needed and am yet to get even a negative reply. Have to remember to call him... even if one don't have it, it is sort of not nice to not respond and instead ignore or forget to respond. I get offended by such stuff personally.

First you call them if not get on email with someone there to help you, than make sure you follow thru should they not be interested in follow thru on their part. Hopefully you will get great service but often on problem situations, no matter where you will fight until you get who helps. Stick with it.

Take photos, fascinating about the R- lamp in the fixture. A real powder puff type fixture, perhaps used to soften the edges to a major extent at the saccrifice of optics. Wouldn't surprise me - been there, didn't do but lived thru others doing similar things.

I can't get photos of the R lamp in the fixtuer, I stripped all that stuff out of it months ago. I'll get some photos up at some point, I keep forgetting to bring my camara to the theatre.

Know that problem well... hmm four kitties all so cute in one place verses camera in my case left at work to take another photo of something I made for my photomorgue, a spectacular bad lamp or a photo of say a cable strap to send to a vendor to make sure we are on the same page.

Gotta get another camera one of these days, just can't ... nobody really supervising my purchases... just gotta be semi-responsible.... can't won't challenge.. etc. having work buy me a camera for stuff at work. Its on my list but in the mean time for my camera works loaning me this really cool stubby trypod stand for my camera.

Too bad on the taking apart before pics., often useful in figuring out what got forgot and or what's curious at least. Something to work on if for nothing else than your photomorgue in before and after.

Tomarrow for me for instance in leaving my camera at work, I'll attempt to post the new safety knife - this weekends homework. A knife for safely delooming cable without risk to body and limb. Got a bit more epoxy into the knife than I will have wished for proper functioning but I got a feeling it's gonna set the corporate world management guys creaming their jeans - this as opposed to paying for more skilled labor that don't cut themselves as often. Long story... more coming with the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back