Basic Dimmers

<hijack> To which I would say this: the local stage lighting & install company will charge the same amount for repair if you bought the gear from them or not. They have no warranty except the manufacturer's warranty, and they maintain this philosophy. The only other local place is the place that completely ripped us off on the lightronics retrofit to the hardpatch system when (if their electricians were at all competent) they knew that the system that they were installing was out of code. Basically, the only option around here is to buy through an out of state retailer, because all of the local companies rip you off and then charge you the same amount for labor as they would anyone else who got their gear from average joe internet retailer.</hijack>

But this is only my situation. In the DC/Bethesda/Montgomery Co. you should easily be able to find a company that can provide a low bid on the NSI gear and be able to provide maintenance when necessary.

I'm only a couple hours south of DC. We just delivered a KV2 sound system to the Nationa Geographic Society's Museum there.

With regard to buying from out of state dealers, using the DS series of dimmers puts you into a very modular situation repair wise. Even a major problem would at worst affect only 12 dimmer circuits. Undo 4 bolts and ship out for repair. If you lose a single circuit within the rack it can be replaced with a single dimmer module. You only have to know which end of a screw driver to hold... ;)

Heh, that took me a second, I thought I mentioned it here? This is in the absolute earliest stages right now, so much so that I started this whole thread because my principal wanted a "ballpark" on how much stuff would cost so he would be better educated to go and do anything about it. (Still nothing, I e-mailed him Monday)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back