"Basketball" truss?

Peanut Gallery refers to the in-studio live audience of small children on the 50's TV show, The Howdy Doody Show. Buffalo Bob was the human host, Howdy Doody was a marionette. Some regular features were Clarabelle the Clown (human) and Princess Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring (marionette).

Actually peanut gallery precedes Howdy Doody back to Vaudeville days. The patrons in the balcony in vaudeville theatres would throw peanuts at the stage if they didn't like the act. Hoody Doody picked up on it as a name for the section of kids that participated in singing the theme.

I have not the foggiest what the truss is for, but I can tell you that Google can only come up with where to buy it. I do notice on the Sales PDF there appears to be a hang bar on the inside up at the top where its caged... Something to do with that? It looks a lot higher up than you would normally want it.

The side openings are perfect for lettng basketballs enter the truss and be stored there until the end of game?

Andre

maybe it has something to do with the lacing? that "x" pattern is weird....

Obviously heavy duty, but I've never seen it before. Strange no brace from bottom left to top right cord that I could see, but I didn't look very closely. Closest I've heard of is ballroom truss.

I am not familiar with it either but could it be so basketballs don't hit the lights?

I'll guess that is was used for mounting basketball hoops - hence the name. Just a guess

As suspected, it is to protect the lights in gymatoriums. The lights stay tucked inside the truss and keeps the kids from taking shots at the lights.

Having only one open side just makes it more of a challenge!:twisted:

I'd prefer a Spotlight Cage.
proxy.php

Thank you for answering the question because it was beginning to drive me up the wall. I second the spotlight cage, i have a common hate for students especially athletic types.....So i can see the definite value

Thank you for answering the question because it was beginning to drive me up the wall. I second the spotlight cage, i have a common hate for students especially athletic types.....So i can see the definite value

Don't hate athletes. They're in show business too.

Im allowed to moderately to extremely dislike all i want. Though i do acknowledge they are in show business as well. I just have no love for the high school aged ones who are indiscriminate, and have no respect for others, in other words the ones i dealt with. Anyways I am assuming since they have a specific design they are more or less typically used in auditoriums that double as the gym, or in an open forum setting where students are typical to hang around and have time to waist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back