Batten Clamp for 1/4" Pipe?

chawalang

FDE5F603-CFD0-409F-84C0-1359576CFFD7.png

On McMaster-Carr (or anywhere else) could someone recommend to me a batten clamp like piece of hardware that would fit a 1/4” piece of pipe?

Last edited:
I agree with some good deck chain/ baton chain whatever you wanna call it to a shackle to your pick point or whatever is running it.

You could call Rosebrand and ask if they have inserts for their clamp to reduce the ID of their clamp to assist.

You could goto your local blacksmith/welder and show them that diagram and say make me this with a 1/4 hole and make it rated for overhead lifting.

Would love to see pictures of the facility that’s rocking 1/4 pipe to hang it sounds like smile heaven.

Unless this is all for personal use. Then we can talk about some fun ways to hang stuff.

Thank you for all the replies! I figured with all the thoughts I should respond with what I want to do. I am going to hang some holiday displays in a museum. The idea is that from a single point there will a hoop hanging from a four point bridle. This will be a hoop that aerialists use or a hoop made out of a hard plastic. On each hoop there would be a bunch of holiday ornaments hung. Each hoop with ornaments would way no more than 40#, that is being very liberal with how much it would weigh. Each strong point this would connect to is rated for is 500#. The strong point is major overkill but it’s what this space has and where they want these chandelier like displays hung. My thought is to use a Vera lock coming from the strong point down to the four way bridle. I’m trying to think of a way to make the bridle and to do it in a simple and aesthetically please way that is simple to install. There will also need to be some adjustments made to each point in the four way bridle as ornaments are hung, so my thought was a turnbuckle in line of each.

I’m glad to hear everyone’s thoughts.

If I was fabricating the rings myself, I would probably just weld on attachment points to the ring itself.

Lacking access to a welder I’d probably make my own little batten clamps out of plumbers strap or conduit clips. My daily life is temporary displays and decor, and trust me, I’ve seen stuff way more janky than that.

Ver lock to steel sling/dog bone bridle to turnbuckle to chain. I wouldn’t go hard plastic with this setup as the downforce could crack it. Minimum rigid EMT or thin wall steel. Low profile black circle truss is also an option here if you are doing a temporary install this will require a different rig but an option none the less.

I agree if you are getting it prefabricated to include some sort of attachment makes life way easier.

Making it yourself I would lean towards pre purchased curved unistrut with some hangers welded on top for your turnbuckles. Broken down into a couple sections for mobility and ease of setup.

Lots of options here which of course comes down to money, time, and effort.

Have fun and take pictures.

A thought I had when looking for at the parts for this. For the dog bones would there be any specifics for using aluminum vs copper for the oval?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back