battery question

I know for shows we use regular alkaline batteries, usually duracell if we can get them on sale or whatever's cheapest. For regular things, we use the rechargables - two sets of two for each mic. We got double what was needed for each mic. We then marked two 1A for the first set for the first mic and 1B for the second set for the first mic. When one set dies, we simply switch it for the next and put the dead ones on the charger. I think it gives us a more even wear. Of course, we always have the alkaline ready in case of emergency... But it's worth mentioning we only have three wireless for everyday use, so this method of charging is manageable- for shows it can be up to fifteen, so to simply set them aside for flashlight use or such is much easier than worrying about what needs to be charged.

i was told that lithiums gave the same amount of power til the end of their life then quickly dropped off while alkaline had a gradual decrease and that is why they can be used in small electronics say for example after theyre used in a wireless mic or headset. i use to take our old alkaline aa's and use them for my cd player. granted it didnt last as long as new batteries but when i had a bunch of free ones it didnt really matter.

We use Toshiba 9V and AA batteries and at another venue the Energizer Industrial, from what ive seen the Energizer tends to be most common here in Aus, followed by the Toshiba as they are considerably cheaper.

It is true that a Duracell battery is slightly longer in the poles than an energizer and most other batteries and has been known not to fit into some Shure RF with the screw on base caps.

I use Energizers for show, and then they go into a rehearsal battery box. I check voltage before using them for rehearsal and we tend to go survive pretty well. New battery for each performance and then it goes into the rehearsal battery box or gets tossed if it's a high draw device. My Shure ULX mics seem to like to eat a battery a performance anyway.

This year I started buying mine in bulk from Sam's Club and was blown away by the savings. 5 nine volt 2 packs for $11.00. (Back in November). I stocked up and haven't had to buy a retail battery all year now. These are the resell kits where you bust the 2 pack out and are supposed to resell them at a markup.

I have never been able to see a difference in performance on ProCells vs. regular batteries except in cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back