The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Beam Bender and 70°s?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by azylka, Feb 12, 2019.

1. azylka

azylka Active Member

Hey all, I'm headed into a fun project where it seems beam benders might be beneficial to save space in nearly non-existent wings. My question: has anyone successfully used a 50° (the 7.5" ETC LED version) or a 70° barrel with the 7.5" beam benders—and did it work? Or does anyone have a thought as to what the max. spread is that these will work with? I know i-Cues kinda stop around 36°, but not sure if these are different...

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. sk8rsdad

sk8rsdad Well-Known Member Premium Member Fight Leukemia

The mirror is 8.5" wide so the some light is going to miss the mirror, maybe 1/3 or more with a 70 degree barrel.

RonHebbard likes this.
  3. ship

ship Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

I know I got an Email news from City Theatrical today about beam benders. Might check their website "News" or contact them about it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    RonHebbard likes this.
  4. Harrison Hohnholt

Harrison Hohnholt Active Member

Sales Manager
    sk8rsdad is correct. It is going to blow past the edge of the beam bender. You can almost get an entire 50-degree beam if you adapt the accessory slot to 7.5" and use the 7.5" beam bender.

RonHebbard and JohnD like this.
  5. azylka

azylka Active Member

Thanks Harrison, that's a great thing to know. Without having any benders on hand it's hard to do any exact science, but my back-of-napkin math basically figured as much. I'll be experimenting with the ETC 7.5" LED-specific 50deg barrel and will report back if there are any oddities there.

RonHebbard likes this.