Beauty and the Beast - Be Our Guest HELP

brozeph20

We are doing Beauty and the Beast this fall for our musical and need suggestions for Be Our Guest. At the end of the Broadway version of the song, Champagne bottles tip down and spit out fireworks/sparklers. We are looking for an idea similar to this but without the use of fire. We would like a continuous stream like the video (below) but we do have 2 confetti canons available.

Go to about 3:30 in video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v3C6NYM3lI[/media]

Any suggestions are appreciated!

For the 2006 season of the Pageant, we had a 20 ft. tall champagne bottle on the roof of the stage building. At the end of act I we would tip up the bottle, and shoot off the cork. This was immediately followed by a continuous stream of packing peanuts to simulate foam shooting out the top of the bottle.

We used a slightly modified confetti cannon to shoot the cork and a CITC Shotmax confetti blower to shoot the packing peanuts.

PM me if you want more details.

I would look into confetti cannons or confetti blowers. Just keep in mind that you will have to clean up the confetti every night, and you probably want to aim away from acting areas so that the stage does not become slippery with confetti.

We did BATB last spring at my high school, and we got the effect by using 8 confetti cannons - two on each side on the front half of the stage, one on each side of the apron, and one on each side of the orchestra pit. It created an amazing effect. Just make sure that whoever is triggering the cannons to fire has a clear view of the stage, so that if someone accidentally gets in the way of one the cannons will not go off and injure them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back