beginner looking for articles

Read everything. Even if you don't understand what you read, you may hear that being discussed elsewhere and you can ask for clarification then.

That's what I am starting with. I have gotten a bunch of great leads with lots of info, not just sound. And in a different post someone suggested looking around at the local theaters. I will try to do that, and ask why the system is the way it is, to learn as much about that as I can.

The thing is, a lot of the shows I am involved with happen in a random room, not a proper theater or even close. So to get a good sound system going, I need to know acoustics and equipment placement cold. And then how to get a decent mix from whatever $50 equipment got rented.

And my course is very soft on the math so far. Maybe he doesn't want to give us serious problems to work because we are girls and might whine about it. Actually most of the class WOULD whine about it, but still. I think I will ask for some more of the math work just for myself to take home.

The thing is, a lot of the shows I am involved with happen in a random room, not a proper theater or even close.
One thing that is very important in these kind of situations is electrical power.
A good cheap investment is a plug in outlet tester, it requires no knowledge to operate(except knowing how to use an outlet) and is dirt cheap.
I can't recommend a model, as I have no idea where to find one with an SI 32 configuration.(picture attached in case somebody else can)

Attachments

• israeli plug.jpg
    israeli plug.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back