Behrenger LC2412 Tutorial?

I have purchased the LC2412, I'm using it for a "show on the road", a small play we're putting on in a coffee shop (!) - [not as bad as it sounds, it's a pretty decent sized venue, but have to import the lights... well, for that matter, have to create wingspace, etc... Oh, well, that which does not kill me, and all that.]
Anyway, I confess: the User's Manual is definitely obtuse (to put it mildly). Can anyone point me to a tutorial for using this board to (just) set up a few lighting presets, and some fade times? I'd much appreciate it.
Thanks.
Chuck Puckett
www.puckettpublishing.com
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for awhile."

I just bought one of these boards and could use a more lucid tutorial than the manual also. Pointers to one would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

This could be long.....
This is a standard manual, and I have no idea what concepts you are both familiar with.
Lets ignore the setup as I assume if you are opping for this show you will have some idea of how everything is set up, or it is set up for you, so lets go with preset mode...

Press Up until the (little) screen shows the letter P, it will flash for a few seconds then stay on the letter P now your console is in preset mode, the simplest form of light control.

Now your lighting console is slit in two, the top half and the bottom half of that big row of faders. This is known as bank A (top row of faders) & bank B (bottom row of sliders).
Now to bring up the masters, you have 3 masters, the Grand Master, this controls everything, and bringing that down to 0% will bring your whole rig down to 0%. So make sure that is up to 100%. Now to the right of that are two faders labeled A & B, if you set up a "look" on preset A (The top bunch of faders) and bring the fader marked A near the Grand Master up, this will bring up the lights you selected on preset A, and if you set up a look on the bottom (B) and bring down A master, then bring up B master, the lights will change. This is the simplest form of control.

Chuck wanted fade times, you can control them with your finger. the faster you push up the fader, the faster the lights go up.

Hope I cleared some stuff up, if you want to know how to set it up, and stuff like that, I can explain that.

Nick

Oh and well done for searching not just starting a new thread!

I have to admit that after 40 years of operating hundreds of desks this is my one failure, the advert says its control is intuitive, but what it is intuitive to, god only knows.I think a post graduate course needs to be started to use these wretched things, I sold the one I bought on Ebay and stated it was the worst desk I had ever used and I was selling it as is, but the buyer still left negative feedback.
If anyone is thinking of buying one of these be sure to try before you buy, don't buy off the sales pitch.

Negative feedback because he didn't like the way the desk worked? Geez... Seller beware I guess!

I have never used one of these myself, but every single person that I've talked to that has (which is a good number) hates it with a firey passion. People have asked me for help on it more than once, and it got to the point where I just kinda said "sorry, you have a non-functioning piece of equipment".

Replace with a Chauvet Stage Designer 50. You can even do the equivalent of stepping through a cue list on each of the bottom row of faders with that thing. I am continuously surprised by the nice features that Chauvet's chinese supplier packed in to this board. Nothing like a real console, but for a small rig, it'll do the trick.

It all started making sense about 0500 this morning. The board is a fairly sophisticated device and it took a bit to get it into a usable state.

I had started out attempting to get sound to light to work. Looked easy. Not so much.

To use that feature one first has to assign DMX channels to sliders. Then set up memories 9-12 for the scene ( or submaster as someone else here called them ) that will represent each frequency range. Each of these operations is actually rather intuitive - once you know you need to look for them.

Once that's done, plug in some audio and turn on sound-to-light. Works like a charm.

I still have a lot to learn about it, but I'm in good shape for this weekend. I'm taking lights to a sci-fi con in Houston and what we'll need is pretty basic.

"Each of these operations is actually rather intuitive - once you know you need to look for them".
So is Quantam theory, how long did it take to "intuitively" work this very basic desk?

"Each of these operations is actually rather intuitive - once you know you need to look for them".
So is Quantam theory, how long did it take to "intuitively" work this very basic desk?

As it happens I do have a couple of physics degrees.

Quantum aside though, one night of hacking. It's an odd paradigm they chose, but like quantum, once you see it, it does make a fair amount of sense. Very step by step methodical.

As you are the only person I have heard of who understands this thing perhaps you should produce a video to explain it to all the mugs who bought one,[at that price how could I go wrong?]
I can have students record a scene, a stack and a chase on an Innovator, or an Elation Showmaster, or equivalent in 20 minutes, or a teacher in half an hour.
After finally giving up on my Behringer, I found out there was a software fault on the early batch I bought anyway.I really feel they should stick with sound or only sell to people with physics degrees.

Scene 1: takes place in Lighting supply shop.

Customer: How much is that Behringer lighting board thing on the shelf?

Sales Guy: its $299 if you can provide documentary proof that you have at least a batchelors degree in physics and you have to sign a release absolving us from all responsibility after you have read this "User Warning" card.

LOL

I own six DMX control consoles, 3 are small like the Behringer and 3 are larger like ETC Express, Insight plus a Compulite Micron 4D. The other two small boards are a Chauvet Scene setter 48 and a Lightronics Tl 5024.
I build and repair a number of DMX controlled items, and the Behringer sits on my work bench to test DMX devices. It is really a shame, the Behringer had some pretty good ideas in the layout, but who ever wrote the software has never done lighting, it is unbelievably HORRID. The amazing thing is that Behringer is very well known for copying other manufactures, with no regard to creative license. Why didn't they copy the software of Lightronics, Chauvet, NSI or Leprecaun, that have similar consoles?

I have the same board I use for small portable shows. I admit it can be alittle confusing at first but I been able to do several shows using the scene memory banks without issues.

Anyone feel like writing up a manual then?

+1 for this board being a massive failure.
I had one placed in front of me this week, took it home, read the manual, took it to work, read the manual. Tried many differnt things and just could not get it to be useable. Took it back to to person who put it in front of me & suggested they get their money back.

But do you have a degree or 2 in physics?
QED

What exactly are you trying to do that you are having such a problem with?? I would love to help if I can, once again I will not say this board is a good board but it's usable and I have gotten results out of it.

No, but I can level a character from 1-80 in World of Warcraft inside 2 weeks!
Does that count?
:mrgreen:

And you're in theatre...? Sorry, I think that only means you have absolutely no life.;)

Very admirable though!:grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back