Mixers/Consoles Behringer X32 local inputs 9-16 not working!

It's great that Mr. Sanborn if following up on this. This is a perfect opportunity to prove that Behringer not only "talks the talk" but can also stand up and "walk the walk". Hey JohnP, great name, Sound Forums is referenced in the X32 thread, and it should be pointed out that there are a fair number of "haters" over there. Also, my latest check shows that they have 2250 members. Another good reference is ProSoundWeb. I think the best thing about SoundForums and the X32 is Per Sovik from Norway, I bet he is responsible for more sales than all the hype from HQ.

Third, thank you for posting the first MUSIC Group representative posts that I recall not containing any promotional content. I was with someone yesterday who commented about working with some companies that promoted their employees approaching every social interaction as a marketing opportunity so this is apparently not unique to Behringer or MUSIC Group but it can get annoying rather quickly.

+1

This made me laugh a lot, gearslutz is having a similar problem.

Hi everybody!

I have good news. I got permission from Thomann to open console and check the ribbon cable. My friend in Yamaha technical support agreed to do this "operation" and after re-seating this cable all analog inputs are working!
After all it was a shipping problem i think. Anyway, i'm very happy for all answers and recommendations.
Problem solved! THANK YOU ALL!

Erik

Glad to hear it was a relatively simple fix and that it is now working! I'll be interested to see if over time this turns out to be a relatively isolated issue or if it ends up being fairly common.

Hi Everyone, I just joined this forum. I opened a brand new X32 and have a similar problem. Inputs 1-8 show no signal while all other inputs 9-32 show a signal. Blocks of eight are routed to the correct defaults and all individual inputs are routed to channels with the same number. If in fact this is the same problem and can be fixed in my home without affecting the warranty, that would be fantastic. Thanks for your help.

Hi Everyone, I just joined this forum. I opened a brand new X32 and have a similar problem. Inputs 1-8 show no signal while all other inputs 9-32 show a signal. Blocks of eight are routed to the correct defaults and all individual inputs are routed to channels with the same number. If in fact this is the same problem and can be fixed in my home without affecting the warranty, that would be fantastic. Thanks for your help.

Jeff you should PM Chase McKnight or Joe Sanborn.

Last edited:
Dear Jeff,

I just sent you my contact info.
I will make sure we take care of this right away for you.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Joe arranged to have a technician come over my house and do the repair. A ribbon cable had to be re-seated. I'll be checking out the X32 features over the next week and hopefully all will be good. But I have to say, that was fantastic service!! Count me a big fan. Thanks Joe and thanks to the forum for your help. .. Jeff

Hello museav,

This may not pertain directly to Murpi's console, but each microphone input PCB are in banks of eight and have two connections- a ribbon cable for audio, and a multi-pin connection for power (phantom power). If a ribbon cable is disconnected, audio will not pass but phantom power will still apply if engaged.

All of us at MUSIC Group are committed to reaching out and helping people. We're excited about the X32 and want to answer questions people may have about it. That said, feel free to PM me directly if there's anything I can do.

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
MUSIC Group
Hi Chase. Im having a similar issue w the x32. The 1-8 channels only show the 1st bar of input signal. Also, the channels are not responding to turning up the input gain. Channel ! sometimes works fine and sometimes it doesnt.

Dear Jeff,

I just sent you my contact info.
I will make sure we take care of this right away for you.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Having a similar problem w the x32. 1-8 Channels seeing very minimal input signal from mic. Not responding well to turning up input gain. Channel 1 seems intermittent. All other channels are fine. Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a similar problem w the x32. 1-8 Channels seeing very minimal input signal from mic. Not responding well to turning up input gain. Channel 1 seems intermittent. All other channels are fine. Please advise.

Is this a new board? A new problem? Did you buy it from a dealer?

If it's used, and it's been around a bit, it might well be a loose ribbon cable, as have some other people's problems.

If it's out of warranty, there are a couple of full-teardown videos on YouTube that will show you how to get it apart safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back