behringer x32

Howdy.
Just got the x32.
Unboxed it, plugged it in, NOTHING

The only thing that lights up is the background lighting of the button to the right side of the display, nothing else.
Even waited a full 5 minutes, NOTHING.
Guess it has to back.

WAAAAAAAH!!!

Have you contacted Behringer/JoeSandborn?

BEHRINGER: Support

Hi Guys,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Joe Sanborn, I am the Channel Marketing Manager at BEHRINGER.

I read some of the comments and want to assure everyone that you will be amazed by the service you will receive on your X32.

Please send me a PM with questions at anytime. Or in the rare case you have a service issue, I am here to support you.

I am here if and when you need me, and I stand 100% behind this product.

Best,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

That sucks and I don't know enough about the x32 to comment on it specifically, but from what I know about other lighting and sound consoles, I can think of at least a couple good reasons why a console may not power up initially that, if they are the case, I would not hold against a manufacturer. On one hand, these consoles are meant to be bounced across the country in trucks, but on the other, it's really easy for someone to forget something simple like to lock/secure/glue a cable going where it connects to the internal power supply and then have it come loose getting bounced around in shipping.

Now if you had tried to turn it on and it started smoking, then I'd be more concerned.

I wouldn't worry -- JoeSanborn and the Behringer/MUSIC Group tech support staff should have you covered. Let us know how it goes.

I thought I recall reading that some of the first units shipped had a ribbon cable issue (they were loose upon shipment). Those that had the issues had them fixed swiftly, and had not had any issues after that. As others have said, let Behringer Support know. They should get you squared away.

~Dave

Last edited:
Howdy.
Just got the x32.
Unboxed it, plugged it in, NOTHING

The only thing that lights up is the background lighting of the button to the right side of the display, nothing else.
Even waited a full 5 minutes, NOTHING.
Guess it has to back.

WAAAAAAAH!!!

Hi,

I just saw your post, sorry for the troubles.
Occasionally things can happen from mishandling in shipping.

I am sending you a PM with my direct contract info as well as Chase McKnight, our head X32 techs contact info.
We will make sure you are taken care of.

Best
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Last edited:
Why is it that people post these issues in an online forum before contacting the manufacturer/vendor? Are you asking us for help or just want to inform us of a defective unit?

Why is it that people post these issues in an online forum before contacting the manufacturer/vendor? Are you asking us for help or just want to inform us of a defective unit?
Dieter posted about his dead X32 on at least two forums and in both cases received responses from Behringer reps within 12 hours of posting.

I admit I am something of a cynic, but I wonder if the "squeaky wheel factor" is coming into play. By venting in public, perhaps a solution is expedited?

I admit I am something of a cynic, but I wonder if the "squeaky wheel factor" is coming into play. By venting in public, perhaps a solution is expedited?

Maybe.

I'm more inclined to say that there's been a trend over the last several years towards looking for answers online before calling the manufacturer. In many cases, especially for consumer products, you can often find an answer faster and easier through a Google search or through other internet resources than calling a phone number -- especially as more and more phone support lines are staffed by people who are pulling their information from the same places as customers.

One of my coworkers gave up on PC's a few years ago when he bought a new one that failed him when it wouldn't run his audio editing programs. He called Microsoft, Microsoft pointed it's finger at the reseller. He called the reseller, the reseller blamed the Microsft and the software developer of the audio editing programs. Then he called the software developer, and ended up talking to someone who read him answers off of the same web FAQ he had already read through.

A lot of people coming primarily use consumer-quality devices have long forgotten the days where you called someone to get an answer to a technical problem.

Maybe.

I'm more inclined to say that there's been a trend over the last several years towards looking for answers online before calling the manufacturer. In many cases, especially for consumer products, you can often find an answer faster and easier through a Google search or through other internet resources than calling a phone number -- especially as more and more phone support lines are staffed by people who are pulling their information from the same places as customers.
Manucturers also seem to be relying more on their users and forums to provide support. If you can get a user base to voluntarily provide support then the cost of providing a forum for them to do so is much less than having to hire support personnel.

I've have owned an X32 since late August, and mixed 4 good sized musicals, 6 weddings and 27 bands, and even linked two of them together for a series of live radio broadcasts. Not a single failure. This board is a real workhorse. It links beautifully with Qlab. It replaced my analogue mixer, 2 firewire interface boxes and a bunch of DI boxes and slew of cables (my booth is still somewhat of a rats nest, but much less so)! I would highly recommend the X32 for a small to medium venue, especially if you do Musicals, Plays, Concerts, and especially if you have to do two different shows in the same day. We often have a musical on a sunday afternoon and then a concert in the evening, and the X32 makes the change over sigificently easier. I haven't gotten my hands on the digital stage boxes yet, but that will be the next piece in the rep puzzle.

Last edited:
Behringer is showing the new members of the X32 family at NAMM, here are links to the Behringer pages.
Behringer: DIGITAL RACK MIXER X32 CORE
Behringer: DIGITAL RACK MIXER X32 RACK
Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 PRODUCER
Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 COMPACT
EDIT, adding possible prices, listed as MAP.
X32 CORE $ 999.99
X32 RACK $ 1499.99
X32 Producer $ 1999.99
X32 COMPACT $ 2499.99
There still seems to be some vagaries regarding exctly what each of these variations on the X32 are and do as well as unknowns such as availability but hopefully that will be clarified in the next few days and weeks. It looks like Soundcraft also introduced some competition with their new Si Expression consoles. And while Presonus's 32 channel StudioLive offering is an improvement, I personally believe it is essentially not enough of an improvement to generally fare that well compared to the latest competition.

And while Presonus's 32 channel StudioLive offering is an improvement, I personally believe it is essentially not enough of an improvement to generally fare that well compared to the latest competition.
I regret the x32 did not came out earlier. I had to invest in a new mixer and could not wait for the x32 to came out. If i could wait a few months more i would invest in a 32 ch console. But for budget reasons as i have to generate money outside of our school i had to purchase the Presonus studiolive 16.4.2 Man do i regret that purchase. Its doing well for input to daw and live recording but its not giving me the extras of a digital console. I dont like the effects and comps. I'm set back to my old yamaha AW4416 wich i purchased in 2004. So i using my own gear instead of that of school in live situations. Im now considering to sell the presonus and buy the x32 but its gonna cost me and i dont think my school want to pay for my mistake. I'm lucky whe did'nt had to do any bands this year becourse my mistake would show out real quick in the mixing quality.

Unlike many audiophiles put the nose up if they here the name Behringer im very pleased with the products i have from them. I use the b controls for light (freestyler) and vj mixing (Resolume)for years now. If u just cant afford the ultimate gear and there is no realy need for it Behringer always had the right solutions. The DDX32 whas realy good and affordable so did the ada8000.
As i read the experiances on several forums and the few chances i had to work with the console myself i kinda felled in love with it. Sure its not the top high end product. But what u get 4 this money is impressive. If i read people saying 2700 Euro is to much money to lose if there console would give up after the 3 years of warrenty i wonder what they do with it proffesionaly. I mean u would have less then 10 gigs for 100 euro in a year to lose money on youre investment. In that case i woulndt invest at al. But i'm sure the x32 will be seen a lot in the small band circuit course of all the extras like live recording and the monitor options.

I also think the system would be great for real cheap in school broadcasting. If behringer would made cheap single outputs from the aes50 i could send signals to each classroom i want.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Behringer is showing the new members of the X32 family at NAMM, here are links to the Behringer pages.
Behringer: DIGITAL RACK MIXER X32 CORE
Behringer: DIGITAL RACK MIXER X32 RACK
Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 PRODUCER
Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 COMPACT
EDIT, adding possible prices, listed as MAP.
X32 CORE $ 999.99
X32 RACK $ 1499.99
X32 Producer $ 1999.99
X32 COMPACT $ 2499.99

That's very interesting. Actually, I can't wait to check out those options when I get home and have more time

I have also been following this at prosoundweb.com and soundforums.net and there are some great thoughts there.
Since this is digital, there could be all sorts of software additions. The best idea to me is to add speaker processing. Yes, it could use up some effects routing but that would be a fair trade. Great for weekend warriors. The possibilities with the X32 Rack are interesting, use a Rack plus an S16 stagebox onstage and an X32 for FOH, then if you only need a few mic inputs, say a podium mic and audio for video, you could just use a laptop or ipad from onstage.

The best idea to me is to add speaker processing. Yes, it could use up some effects routing but that would be a fair trade. Great for weekend warriors.
Yes and no. It means having everything in one package, which makes for a compact, simple system. But it also means having everything in one package, meaning that if you have any problems you can't do something like borrow a mixer to get you through since you'd also have to address the speaker processing. It also may not make as much sense when you are seeing a number of new powered speakers being introduced, in some cases such as Behringer, Mackie, PreSonus and Line 6 by the same manufacturers as the mixers, with their own onboard processing.

I'm having trouble figuring out the difference between the S16 and Rack. Maybe it's because I'm cruising the webs with my phone. Is it that the Rack has internal processing and the S16 is strictly just preamp/conversion for snake use? I guess since they're pushing the ipad thing so hard that would make sense. S16 needs a control surface, Rack can be controlled via iPad. Sound feasable? If so I will probably be buying at least one Rack unit as well as an X32 or one of the smaller mixers. Then I can mix off an ipad for smaller gigs, then bring out a console maybe with another rack to allow for digital snakeness. Can't wait to see some of this stuff in person.

I'm having trouble figuring out the difference between the S16 and Rack. Maybe it's because I'm cruising the webs with my phone. Is it that the Rack has internal processing and the S16 is strictly just preamp/conversion for snake use? I guess since they're pushing the ipad thing so hard that would make sense. S16 needs a control surface, Rack can be controlled via iPad. Sound feasable? If so I will probably be buying at least one Rack unit as well as an X32 or one of the smaller mixers. Then I can mix off an ipad for smaller gigs, then bring out a console maybe with another rack to allow for digital snakeness. Can't wait to see some of this stuff in person.

That's how it appears to me. Rack as the "brain" that runs with or without a control surface, and S16 as just a stage box for the digital snake/pre amps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I keep looking around at prices and sometimes a deal really isn't a deal. Check out this from proaudiostar.
Behringer X32 Digital Mixer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back