behringer x32

Are the DCA's programmable by scene? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, and the manual isn't nearly as dense as the LS9 manual. I'm looking to rent an X32 to try out on a run of Shrek that we're doing soon. Since there are only 16 faders at a time on the side, I'd like mainly mix by writing scenes and controling mutes and what the DCA's are controlling with scenes so I can just mix with those for the most part. Is all that possible?

Is there a global scene edit?

The DCA assignments are storable in a scene, yes.

I haven't used Scenes for an actual show yet, as I was scared off right from the start by the 100-scene limit (which wouldn't have been enough for just one act of the show I needed it for) and I ended up writing some custom code in Python to act as an OSC bridge between QLab and the mixer. I was then able to automate everything in the show (vocal on/off, fx on/off, sound effects playback) in QLab using OSC cues.

I'm soon to be doing another show where the mixer will be backstage and I'll be remoting it over Cat5 from a laptop with X32-Edit and a BCF2000 control surface to give me real faders mapped to the DCAs. This show only has six actors on mic, though, so I won't need to do any reassignment. Still trying to decide if I'm just going to push faders, or automate the mutes (as the show also only has, like, two sound effects, so even QLab would be overkill).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back