Behringr

Behringer in my experience is amazing at audio equalizing and feedback control, and maybe they should stick to just that.

Re: Behringer DEQ2496

TBNAudioEngineer said:
After reading the entire line of posts, a few things came to mind. First, the ultra graph EQ is a neat little EQ if you'll just be doing basics, but who ever posted the DEQ2496 was right, it's the best EQ Behringer makes, which if you're going to be doing in depth EQ adjustments it's awesome, it does more then I can discribe. I paid $329 US dollars 9/30/04 for the one we use at the Station. It does however take a little bit of time to set up, but once it is, just save the settings. While it isn't a RANE eq, you can still afford that Big Mac at MC D's. go ahead you deserve the BIG MAC. :D

Next up, whoever compared Behringer to Mackie, I hope you meant that in a nice way. Those of you who read my posts know I'm an avid MACKIE fan, and defend when prompted to do such. 8O

I don't know anything about Behringer's light consoles, but if they're anything like the audio consoles you can't trust it at all. One thing Behringer especially doens't do well, is mixers. CONSIDER YOURSELVES WARNED! :evil:

Everything else Behringer is Ok to Great. :idea:

I brought these posts points up to a friend who is a sound engineer. His response was that in his decades of audio mixing, he has never encountered bad problems with Behringer mixers. He does admit that they aren't sexy nor are they rugged, but if you have a set up where they won't be traveled, you cannot find more bang for your buck... especially when theater boards give you a total budget of $5,000.00 to purchase all sound/lighting control equipment with microphones, connections... etc.

Mine is 8 years old and I have only had one issue with it and that was caused by a student dropping it down a couple dozen stairs (one of the mono channels low block button stopped working).

I guess this begs the question... business practices aside... for those of us who cannot afford similar mixers at twice the price, will Behringer be a good start-up model if maintained and not abused? I personally think yes.

Re: Behringer DEQ2496

tenor_singer said:
I guess this begs the question... business practices aside... for those of us who cannot afford similar mixers at twice the price, will Behringer be a good start-up model if maintained and not abused? I personally think yes.

Sure behringer can be well worth it if you're on an amazingly tight budget...but I wouldn't ever put 100% faith in it. If you can't afford a backup board, then at least have a backup plan for what to do when the behringer board stops working right suddenly. Fortunetly I've never been caught in a situation where I didn't have a backup....but that's just cuz I never sell my old gear, hehe.

LOL!

I have an old PV board I can always hook up in a crunch... from the mid '80's :wink:

tenor

Clarification

I'd just like to say that the Behringer graphics with FBQ are not feedback destroyers they are more like feedback detectors

They are used for a process called ringing out, where you bring up a microphone until it feedbacks, normally u have to try each frequency on the graphic to find the feedback, however with FBQ the fader at the feedback frequency glows so you can notchit out and get better Gain before feedback

This is just an aid to something you should all be able to do with a standard Graphic equaliser anyway.

-Paul

P.S I am offended that it says (actor) under my name....Who's idea was that!!!! grrrrrrr

lol

Noiseboy said:
P.S I am offended that it says (actor) under my name....Who's idea was that!!!! grrrrrrr

lol

What are you offended about? Only 7 more posts and you get to junior techie!

One of these post should be in the New Member forum - let us then welcome you officially to the world of CBDC.

Foxinabox10 said:
You can plug in a mic, and it tests your accoustics and adjusts the EQ for that.

The dbx Driverack PA Does That Exact Same Thing Only Ten Times Better. that's who berhingher ripped off this time. they make me so mad.

How can you people say that berhingher boards are ok. they are SO NOISEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's horrible.

tenor_singer said:
LOL!

I have an old PV board I can always hook up in a crunch... from the mid '80's :wink:

tenor

i run a Mackie 32*8 and i kept my old board for a backup, a soundcraft spirit studio 24. it's a piece of sh*t . left bus on main mix burnt out. left bus on mix b burnt out. 9 completley dead channels and the rest have boatloads of noise but it works as a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back