Belated "Hello"..

rosebudld

Hi, my name is Matt and I'm the LD at newly opened Rosebud Theatre in Effingham, IL.. don't let the name fool you, we're really more of a roadhouse and the only theater productions we have done so far are of the community variety, but I've enjoyed them none the less..

I'm self-taught w/ an acknowledgement to ShanaJ at WIU for introducing me to the basics of Mr. McCandless.. I used to run a little bar/live music scene and so I'm acquainted with lighting, audio, staging etc. I'm a carpenter by day so that has come in handy too since nobody here has much experience there seemingly..

So, anyway, it seems that at some point in time everybody I've talked to passes through my little city whenever they've traveled across the nation; so, feel free to look me up if you're ever in town.

Peace out,
Matt

Welcome to the Booth Matt! It's a great community with a ton of knowledge and some fun people to waste time with too. Get to know the search function, there is a ton of info in the archives. Also do you have a website, we love to snoop. Get involved and post. Too many people just pass through or lurk in the shadows. The Booth get's better with more active members.

Welcom on board! It's amazing the information that you can find here and from folks. There is quite the breadth of experience dwelling in these posts. I am personally amazed at what I've been able to uncover with the search function.

What sort of community prodcutions have you been doing? Dramas, comedies, musicals?

How exciting to open a new theater - our's is very old and really needs a refurb, but money being what it is...well, you know.

Welcome, post often and break a leg.

Charlie

Welcome Aboard! Sounds like a fun gig. Remember my motto, Ask what you want, answer what you can. We all learn from one another here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back