The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Belt light

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Ross, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Ross

Ross Member

I have been given the daunting task of completing a 70 foot long 3 or 4 circuit chase with medium base sockets...and a budget that was cut long after I cost the show out and made the rest of my major purchases. The cheapest option I can find is beltlight (https://actionlighting.com/item-detail.asp?ID=1547&MainCategory=Belt Light&Sub=Medium Base) but everywhere outside of China is sold out or discontinued. Anyone know where I can get my greasy hands on some?

Ideally 100' roll, 5 wire, 4" spacing, medium screw base. Buying the individual sockets plus a spool of zip is an option, but I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative. Any ideas?

2. mrb

mrb Active Member

I might be able to get my hands on some. I will know later today or tomorrow.

Ross and (deleted member) like this.
  3. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

Does it have to be medium screw sockets? What wattage lamps do you need to use?

4. Ross

Ross Member

Yeah, it has to be medium base. I'm using 7w 130v, because it's what exists in my inventory. I'd much rather use 25w frosted but I can't afford any extra expenditures at this point.

5. mrb

mrb Active Member

no luck, its in china no stock here

6. ScottT

ScottT Eos Programmer

Dang, I was looking for some of these too......

7. mrb

mrb Active Member

im waiting on price and leadtime, i want to get a bunch to have on hand. I see uses for it here and there and people needing it. Seems like this basic stuff is getting harder and harder to find as LEDs replace it all. Needed some beacon lights, remembered ADJ has cheap ones -not anymore theyre led :(

8. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

If you need cheap beacons Visual Effects has them.