Best Camcorder for Archival Footage in Low Light

TheatreMissJ

I'm looking for suggestions for camcorders that do well with recording in low light/theatrical stage lighting. I'm hoping to find one that will not blur or white out the screen during lighting shifts or spot lit actors. Does anyone use a camcorder to record their shows or have any suggestions that might fit the bill? Thanks!

I'm looking for suggestions for camcorders that do well with recording in low light/theatrical stage lighting. I'm hoping to find one that will not blur or white out the screen during lighting shifts or spot lit actors. Does anyone use a camcorder to record their shows or have any suggestions that might fit the bill? Thanks!
You'll need, at best, one with a Highlight/Backlight switch, which you can switch to Highlight.

Alternatively, one you can set the exposure on entirely manually.

That will require at *least* a prosumer camcorder or camera, if not one in what we lyrically call the lens-falls-off class.

Standalone cameras will be *easier* to get manual iris on.

You might have better luck with the camera separate from the recorder. Also, newer cameras with HDR (High Dynamic Range) of color can handle greater variances in light.

Wait: HDR has made it all the way to Consumer video? How was I not informed about this?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sony has a couple in the prosumer range as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back