Best fabric for Backlighting a backdrop

MrBS

I have a wall 25'w x 16'h. that I am putting fabric on and backlighting with CYC lights. I can break it up in sections if needed. I am thinking about white spandex but want to find something less expensive that will light well. Spandex is $12yd. Another option is ITY which is $7yd. Is there another way? What have you had the best results using?

I had one made up by Rose brand 16x 36 or so was about $1000 a few years back. Only seam is at the top and is part of the "wrap" on my roller.
Its a nice spandex like material.. so wrinkles fall/stretch out easily after being rolled up. Nice lady there made the recc of fabric based on what I told her.

Has chain in pocket and grommets. Fore lights and good as projection. sheer enough to back light as well.

I second calling rose brand or BMI and speaking with their reps. I've never been steered wrong and they'll also work with you within reason for your budget

Tricot, Yes I continue my Campaign for the use of Tricot in scenery. <Tree-co>
It's like spandex but a bit thinner. you can get it in 15 and 30 Denier depending on how translucent you want it. Usually available in white black or Beige. Find it in Wedding or Poly materials in any fabric supply. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back