Best Method For Rain Effect

You could use a snow drop with some small pieces of transparant plastic. Place it in front of the stage so that al the lights from the auditorium shine tru it..........

Good Idea TommieD, and can be effective. I often, however, caution flks against using plastic, around dancers. As we all know dancers can trip over a heavy line on the ground plan, and most plastics become extremely slippery on a stage floor. It is for this reason aloe that I usually frown upon the use of plastic " Fake Snow" in the Nutcracker, or Christmas Carol, when there is a lot of danceing going on there is a lot of potenital for slippage.

For a tropical rain effect I did recently, I pumped some fog onto the stage and used a couple S4 gobo rotaters with lotsadots shooting down through the fog. My biggest issue was that I didn't cool down the fog and with it shooting from the catwalk it never quite reached the floor.

I have a rain file that we used last year in a show. Worked BEAUTIFULLY when being projected with QLab and a fade in and fade out.

I custom rendered it using particleIllusion (a compositing software with effects for movies)

I will upload it to an FTP if you have somewhere for me to put it.

It's 112.5MB, 640x480, PhotoJPEG encoding.
Hello there, I know this is an old posting but I have a rain effect I need to create, I toured with Wicked for over 7 years and our rain scene was done with digital projectors. If you have a rain video I could utilize, I'd really appreciate it. I could invite you to my drop box which might be the best way, if you're willing to share the video, I would definitely give the proper credit too.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back