Best place to learn DMX / Controller / Light details?

Toadie

I configured my controller and lights into scenes, and then loaded those scenes into a chase. Everything worked well but I realized that the manuals aren't detailed enough. Is there a place I can go to learn more?

For example, my scenes went fine, the chase worked fine but the lights when running in the chase all went at different speeds?? They followed the pattern but the speed change on all the lights made it look random and messy.

I also found a preloaded scene "801" on my DMX 40 and noticed that light one and two were different gobos, light three was off, and then light four was moving in a pattern and switching gobos. Is that called a dynamic scene and how do I figure out how to do that?

In short, I'd love to learn this without bothering everyone and the manuals don't cover these types of details.

Any advice?

What I'm trying to do is set some lights up for a party so I don't have access to any professional resources.

Sharing what makes/models you have would make our job much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I didn't know that it would be make and model dependent, I thought it might be an embedded DMX thing.

Four Chauvet Omega 1's tied into a DMX 40 controller.

Oh I didn't know that it would be make and model dependent, I thought it might be an embedded DMX thing.

DMX itself isn't device specific, but trying to explain MAnet when you have Chauvet is a lot of extra work.

Read and re-read the manuals. I you search on here, I believe we've talked about the DMX 40 before. If you are curious about DMX itself, also search for that on here, as there are some really good examples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, the DMX-40 doesn't have much that isn't explained in the manual. It's just a very simple controller. It's great for some applications - I have one and have made magic with it - but it isn't really what I would call a professional lighting console.

DMX is the same for all equipment, how to control it is equipment specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back