The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Best price for Gobo Holders?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by kerriann85, Mar 24, 2007.

1. kerriann85

kerriann85 Member

Just discovered while doing Chinese Golden Dragon Acrobats that we didn't get any pattern holders for our new theatre! So.... anybody have any favorite, cheap places from which to order them? (for source 4, size A)
    Best price I've seen so far is 6.05. (not sure on S&H tho) I do have some email quote requests out to a couple Nebraska sources.
    Thanks!

2. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Call your local equipment supplier, then you may not have to pay S&H. Chances are you will be in the $6-$7 range, and chances are you will end up with pattern holders from City Theatrical.

3. kerriann85

kerriann85 Member

Wellllllll, considering my "Local Supplier" is about 3 hours drive away, Most likely I'll be paying S&H. Unless I can find them at Menards. :)

4. Foxinabox10

Foxinabox10 Active Member

I would try BMI Supply. They are very fast with the shipping (I've had many things show up the day after I ordered them with ground shipping).

5. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

6. kerriann85

kerriann85 Member

Thanks soundlight. Prod. Adv. was my best price. Stage LIghting was more. I'll look into the other place and wait to hear back from my two "almost local" places.

7. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    BMI Supply's "Techsmart" has them for about $6.50

Depending on shipping charges that's close enough to Production advantage to be worth checking out. Also their website in general is worth checking out. It's the closest thing to real on-line shopping that I've seen from a theater supply company.

8. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Odds are you will be hard to beat any production advantage price. The only real downside to them is that they ship from the east coast, and only the east coast, so if you are west it takes a bit longer. Make sure though that you get the good city theatrical sandwich holds though, they allow the gobos to hold up much better.

9. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Believe it or not, on the last two major equipment purchases I have made, BMI out bid Production Advantage. This actually surprised me as Production Advantage is usually very good in their prices.

10. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

But no one on the internet can beat out Premier Lighting for their price on Source Fours. Their price on S4 juniors, S4 pars, and S4 parnels can be beat elsewhere on the internet, but I have yet to find an internet retailer that can beat Premier Lighting for an internet price on the Source Four. Of course, that's why you bid it out and see if BMI, Texas Scenic, or Stage Technology can beat Premier. No idea, really...