Best Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.

metti

I've been meaning to get myself a new wrench for a while and the LDI thread about the new wrench from Stage Junk inspired me to take action. I will be using this wrench for electrics calls and for my own personal lighting maintenance and light rigging work. I currently have a 6" crescent, Altman wrench, and Mega Combo. I don't like having to adjust the crescent, the Altman is kind of hard to fit into tight spots and generally less than ideal, and the Mega Combo is a little too small to get the kind of leverage that I would like at times and it isn't as versatile as my dream wrench is. Anyhow, money is pretty much irrelevant although I don't want to spend more unless there is a reason. I am currently looking at the Ultimate Focus Tool, the ratcheting version of the UFT, the lightspeed tool w/ lanyard ring, and the Mongo Wrench. Does anyone have specific opinions on any of those tools? Also, does anyone have any specific thoughts about how useful/important ratcheting functionality is? Finally, does anyone know if it is possible to attach a lanyard to the Mongo Wrench since if there isn't that would be a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back