Black/ Dark Projectable Teaser

macsound

Another weird question for the masses.
Looking to have a teaser on a truss that serves 2 purposes, block the lighting (but not the sound) and be projectable for translations.

This is a fairly small ballroom, 20' ceilings, so the single truss will have frontlight, projection and audio all rigged inside.
The event is in english with translators, but there are times they want the event to switch languages and have the english translations projected. Someone in the committee has worked with theatres where Italian operas had english supertitles projected on a teaser at the procenium and it was always a black teaser with white text.

They're asking us to replicate this, but since I don't have any fabric that's black and acoustically transparent, I thought I'd do a custom order from Rosebrand that I could use in the future.
Even if the fabric isn't perfectly acoustically transparent, that's ok and i'm just hoping for something more reflective than commando that isn't super dense.

Another weird question for the masses.
Looking to have a teaser on a truss that serves 2 purposes, block the lighting (but not the sound) and be projectable for translations.

This is a fairly small ballroom, 20' ceilings, so the single truss will have frontlight, projection and audio all rigged inside.
The event is in english with translators, but there are times they want the event to switch languages and have the english translations projected. Someone in the committee has worked with theatres where Italian operas had english supertitles projected on a teaser at the procenium and it was always a black teaser with white text.

They're asking us to replicate this, but since I don't have any fabric that's black and acoustically transparent, I thought I'd do a custom order from Rosebrand that I could use in the future.
Even if the fabric isn't perfectly acoustically transparent, that's ok and i'm just hoping for something more reflective than commando that isn't super dense.
The fabric needs to be a tight weave so as not not to let the letters project through onto whatever is behind it. You'll get a double vision.

Anything that is tight enough to not bleed light through is going to make a hum-head freak out about upper frequencies. Perhaps something like Avora, which is an IFR synthetic. It's light-weight, available from Rosebrand and a little bit more light proof than Duvetyn or Commando.

Yeah, what Van said. Darknet won't block light. It's a neat product, but more like a scrim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back