Black Smoke in Fogger

Well, you could always dump a toner cartridge into an air cannon if you don't mind being lynched!
(Joke, please don't ;) )
Lighting is the only answer, and possibly you could talk them into dark blue smoke and light the fog with some stage level side lights.

monday.png

Last edited:
Read my previous post as: "Project a blank, 99% black image".

Projectors don't project black images though. By projecting variously colored light, the contrast between the bright and the dark is what tricks your eyes into seeing the black screen. Without that contrast present the projector throwing a blank screen is just dimmer than a white one. Now it would be interesting to try and find a way to contrast the "black" smoke with something brighter and whiter that might trick the viewer into thinking it's black and not white. Flashbacks to the blue/black/white/gold dress fiasco might ensue...

Well, you guys know what I mean. While the projector may not technically be projecting "black", to human eyes it is, therefore the perception is that it is black, even if it TECHNICALLY isn't.

You knew what I meant.

I don't think it works quite the way you're thinking it does. Projecting a 99% black from a projector is (more or less) like saying you should project 1% white... Which really doesn't get white fog any closer to looking like black fog.

Like other members have mentioned - black projection only looks 'black' due to the contrast between white light beside less or no light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back