Blacklights for Small Theatre

Those arn't bad. cheaplights.com is a good source, I use them alot. Have you thought of useing the 4ft tube ones though? I would be alot cheaper.

Do a search for black lights. The topic has been really well covered. You have three routes to take: A fluorescent (straight tube or compact), Arc source, or filtering. Depending on what you want to illuminate, how much other lighting will be on at the time, and how fast you need it to warm up will effect which works best for you. Start by searching then ask some follow up questions if you need more help.

Hmm... never been to Cheaplights.com before and it's an odd site. They appear to be selling major manufacturer gear but without crediting the name of the manufacturer. On the blacklight page there are several pictures I recognize from other sites... I'm sure that's the Elation one BillESC's a big fan of at the bottom of the page, yet it isn't listed as an Elation product. Over on the ellipsoidal page they are clearly Altman instruments... but don't list the manufacturer name.

Very odd... makes me wonder if it's all Chinese knock offs. Anybody purchased there and sure it's they got the real stuff?

Thanks for the suggestion about searching old topics. I had to rummage through but I got my answer =).

As for cheaplights...I've ordered various lights (mainly the mirror balls, strobes) and they work just fine. I haven't ordered any of the ellipsodials so I'm not entirely sure what brand they are....

Some of there stuff is name brand, you just don't know which on untill you get your order. Most of the DJ lights are Elimator. A few are Chauvet and i think the higher powered blacklights are American DJ. Im not sure why the mark out the brands though.

Alot of them are also Optima Lighting. Lots of the scanners, some of the lower controllers, and a few moving heads.

Because a number of the manufacturers prevent you from advertising at prices below their suggested price, some folks are finding a way around this by not advertising the name of the product but the people who know what they are looking for can tell from the picture what it is.

Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back